Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Missing my boat

Addicting

Raising a 10 and 12 year old who both like to fish has me missing my boat. I grew up with a 10’ Jon boat and we would throw it in the back of the truck and hit as many small lakes as we could row. Caught a ton of fish and have fond memories. As an adult I bought a 12’ semi v and fished all over heck with my little 9.9 evenrude. Even drug it all the way to Wawa Canada to fish. From there I upgraded to a very nice new Triton 1756 with a 40hp.

Ended up selling it when the kids were little and really wish I hadn’t. Looking at used prices makes me want to cry. Wife thinks I’m crazy for wanting another. Fishing from shore just isn’t the same.

I feel the same way, I’ve never enjoyed bank fishing the same as a boat. Although $800 to fix the dash in the bass tracker this spring made me reconsider…. Seems like it’s something at least once a year lol

I feel the same way, I’ve never enjoyed bank fishing the same as a boat. Although $800 to fix the dash in the bass tracker this spring made me reconsider…. Seems like it’s something at least once a year lol
Bring Out Another Thousand!

I think about the cost and it’s been 10 years without it. It dulls the senses of how expensive it was. But the camper that sits in my barn reminds me daily of how expensive her choice was.

Raising a 10 and 12 year old who both like to fish has me missing my boat. I grew up with a 10’ Jon boat and we would throw it in the back of the truck and hit as many small lakes as we could row. Caught a ton of fish and have fond memories. As an adult I bought a 12’ semi v and fished all over heck with my little 9.9 evenrude. Even drug it all the way to Wawa Canada to fish. From there I upgraded to a very nice new Triton 1756 with a 40hp.

Ended up selling it when the kids were little and really wish I hadn’t. Looking at used prices makes me want to cry. Wife thinks I’m crazy for wanting another. Fishing from shore just isn’t the same.
did you check any ( if you have them) auctions houses. Sometime some really good deals. many of them come from people who trade in boats on cars or RV etc and dealers don't want them. So they take them to auction. Have bought trucks, guns and all kinds of stuff. I sell all kinds of stuff also on these. Some good deals if you know what your looking for. these wont help you but these are two we have locally and maybe worth a try if you have them nearby. Couple fishing boats in these auctions.

did you check any ( if you have them) auctions houses. Sometime some really good deals. many of them come from people who trade in boats on cars or RV etc and dealers don't want them. So they take them to auction. Have bought trucks, guns and all kinds of stuff. I sell all kinds of stuff also on these. Some good deals if you know what your looking for. these wont help you but these are two we have locally and maybe worth a try if you have them nearby. Couple fishing boats in these auctions.

We have one and I am banned from anything there. She knows I have a problem and I may of gone a little overboard in past purchases there. So now I don’t even log in. 🥲😕

Never sell without another in the que......

How about Kayaks? I picked up 2 fishing kayaks on Marketplace for $300 total from a guy wanting to get rid of them. Not a big lake fishing tool but it has there place on smaller lakes.
I started in a 16' aluminum fishing boat with a 9 horse and I sure miss the simplicity.

Never sell without another in the que......

How about Kayaks? I picked up 2 fishing kayaks on Marketplace for $300 total from a guy wanting to get rid of them. Not a big lake fishing tool but it has there place on smaller lakes.
I started in a 16' aluminum fishing boat with a 9 horse and I sure miss the simplicity.
I tried a kayak and almost drown. Now I own a canoe, it is very hard to fish out of with 2 kids.

The simplicity of a a little flat bottom and 9 horse does sound nice.

A 14-15 ft semi-V with a 10-20 hp can get you lots of places and shouldn't break the bank. You usually have to sift through a lot of junk, but there's usually some good deals on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Just make sure they have title, if required. If you can afford a new outboard onlineoutboards.com usually has decent prices.

I am also thinking about the Das Boat series and wondering if a Facebook 14’ Aluminum semi V wouldn’t provide just as much fun.
I wouldn’t even hesitate. I never owned a v bottom but no telling how many fish we’ve caught out of a 1442 Jon boat. Just requires a little extra attention on any bigger water

Just thought I'd share in case you still are pining for a boat.

I just got a call from my wife who went out into the garage to take the kids to daycare and she said the garage smelt like rotten eggs and sulfur. Ran home quick, and yup, one of the trolling motor batteries is piping hot and smelly while on the onboard charger. Grab the multimeter and check it. 5.2V while on the charger. Other one is still good at 12.9V, but I suppose I ought to replace that as well to be safe. They were originals from '18, so I guess I shouldn't b*tch too much. I'm surprised they lasted this long, but I try hard to take good care of them.

Anyways, a nice Friday morning surprise and about $300 fix.

boats and hoes.gif

Ended up selling it...

I'm grinding my teeth as you share your sentiment. I placed my 210 Sea Runner '20 on the market. Too many people interested to the point it really made me realize, my boat was highly likely to sell! Much different than no bites, not worth reducing price to sell, thus keep it <insert secret smiley face>.
I believe I sorely missed my pricing mark even though brand new is only 15k more than my sale price. It's currently pending sale at $1k more than I paid back March '22.

Wife and I discussed the pro/con holding my "forever boat" though "sold" is the result. It burns me when I think of parting ways though the value of a clear title for a nice sum to use for wife and I to p/u a camper, couple nice kayaks, and a few other enjoyable bells n whistles.

Life. Her agreement, where we retire, we buy a boat fitting use for the area. We'll see if that turns true.

I reminded the wife via talking with my kids while she was in the room about boats. I went thru the whole history of all the boats I’ve owned since about their age. That I’ve always had one except since they were born. That Mom and I had some safety concerns and always talked about getting one later that was more appropriate.

So that seed is planted and we will see if she ignores it.

I reminded the wife via talking with my kids while she was in the room about boats. I went thru the whole history of all the boats I’ve owned since about their age. That I’ve always had one except since they were born. That Mom and I had some safety concerns and always talked about getting one later that was more appropriate.

So that seed is planted and we will see if she ignores it.
The long game...

Just go down to local boat ramp on nice Sat and Sunday..trust me you aren't missing anything...

Something I didn't take into account, that's for sure. It takes us just a couple minutes to load or unload, but we often spend 10x that waiting for others to figure out what they're doing.

Just yesterday we spent almost 30 minutes waiting on a boat tied perpendicular to the ramp with no owner in sight.

Trying to buy a boat is frightening with today’s used prices. Seeing a lot of 20+ year old boats with gold plated hulls.

There are good deals to be found out there but you gotta be quick and lucky.

In the midst of the summer is not the time to buy one unfortunately. In the fall and around Christmas time is when you can find the bargains. Good luck as it took me 3 years to find the right boat at a great price.

There are good deals to be found out there but you gotta be quick and lucky.

In the midst of the summer is not the time to buy one unfortunately. In the fall and around Christmas time is when you can find the bargains. Good luck as it took me 3 years to find the right boat at a great price.
Yep, I offered to pay for an inspection on one that a family was trying to sell. Nope this boats not for you, Bye.

Guess not, good luck with he sale…

Back