Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mechanical Engineering: Pinedale, WY

eltigraska

Putting some feelers out on a hypothetical (but maybe not?): are there any mechanical (HVAC) engineers on here that would be interested in moving to Pinedale, WY? Can give more details if desired but in short I have been working remotely from home here the last 7 years (with a small company based in the CO mtns, and FYI definitely looking to hire ME & EE there) and looking at the potential to establish a full office up here.

Note: I ran this by Randy before making the post and he approved it. To quote him: "I love Pinedale. If someone is a hunter, that is a great place to end up."

HVAC Master Journeyman, but not an ME. Most MEs enjoy their cozy office at home, I don't get that luxury. Beautiful area to live. Hope you can fine someone.

Seems to be more and more money moving into that area, so business should be looking up. I love it there. Just don't take any jobs on places within any migration corridors!

I sent this thread to an ME friend with some HVAC experience who’s considering a change of scenery/new job. Do post a link if you have it!

And out of curiosity, I peeked at Zillow assuming it would be a lower cost of living area. Boy was I wrong! I guess it’s still too close to Jackson?

Can you post job description? Or a link to one?
Here is a copy and paste from our standard job listing, I'll try to track down a link. Our website is www.aec-vail.com

Mechanical Engineer/Designer with 0-2 years of experience wanted for MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) consulting firm located in Edwards/Vail area. AutoCAD and relevant experience is required. More senior engineers are welcome to apply as well. Salary will be set dependent on experience.

AEC provides competitive starting salaries (based on regular industry survey reviews); salary is set dependent upon experience. We do annual performance reviews with opportunities for salary increases. Bonuses are paid out 3x per year. Benefits include group health insurance (company pays % based on years of service), dental/vision, basic life/ADD insurance, supplemental insurance, traditional and/or Roth 401(k) plans with 3% employer contribution, 6 hours of flex time per week, paid time off, and wellness reimbursements.

We are interested in your development and want to maximize your potential! AEC’s projects include prominent residences in the mountains, resort work for area mountains, restaurants, renovations, local municipal buildings, affordable housing and much more. We are looking for an individual with great work ethic and an interest in the mountain lifestyle.

Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Heat load analysis, building modeling.
  • Mechanical & Plumbing engineering and design.
  • Work as a team member to conceptualize designs.
  • Provide checking and drawing review to assure a quality & cost-effective design.
  • Uniform & International code and local code determination and knowledge.
  • Existing system evaluation and accurate field observation.
  • Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors & vendors.
  • Attend meetings to gather and obtain information for project management.
  • Create and edit company written specifications including sequences of operation.
  • Have good knowledge of direct digital, electric & self contained temperature controls.
  • Manage production of construction documents and specifications to predetermined budgets.
  • Write technical reports, correspondence and proposals that demonstrate expertise and sincerity.

Last edited:
I sent this thread to an ME friend with some HVAC experience who’s considering a change of scenery/new job. Do post a link if you have it!

And out of curiosity, I peeked at Zillow assuming it would be a lower cost of living area. Boy was I wrong! I guess it’s still too close to Jackson?
It's all relative, its cheap compared to Jackson.. but yeah, prices weren't low before 2020 but have definitely shot up since

I'd reach out to the Engineering Departments at U of Wyo, U of Idaho, Colorado University and Colorado State university, and Utah State for good measure. But you probably already know that.

With the oil and gas industry there all the way to Rock Springs, There has to be some Mechanical engineers within commuting distance. Good luck in your search.
It's all relative, its cheap compared to Jackson.. but yeah, prices weren't low before 2020 but have definitely shot up since
Pinedale is where the Millionaires went when the Billionaires pushed them out of Jackson.

I'd reach out to the Engineering Departments at U of Wyo, U of Idaho, Colorado University and Colorado State university, and Utah State for good measure. But you probably already know that.

With the oil and gas industry there all the way to Rock Springs, There has to be some Mechanical engineers within commuting distance. Good luck in your search.

Pinedale is where the Millionaires went when the Billionaires pushed them out of Jackson.
No love for Mines?

Yep, we'll explore all avenues. Definitely often the case that the best candidate is one that is already in the area, especially in an area that it can take a certain type of person to enjoy. I'm posting here figuring the hunting and fishing community has some of the best people to enjoy Western Wyoming!

I'm bringing a ChemE and a couple ME through Pinedale next month, but unfortunately we're only planning to be the area 10 days or so...but sounds like a nice area so I guess you never know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back