Advertisement

Marlin guide gun

homestead

I might have the opportunity to purchase a guide gun in 45-70. Not sure if it's a JM type or remington. Is it worth purchasing a remington manufactured or should I avoid the remington types? It's $1000. Thoughts?

I might have the opportunity to purchase a guide gun in 45-70. Not sure if it's a JM type or remington. Is it worth purchasing a remington manufactured or should I avoid the remington types? It's $1000. Thoughts?
Think the Ruger mfg'd Guide model is about 13% more (if ad is current)...if possible, that's how I'd go.

With options out now, I probably wouldn't buy a Remington unless I could really look through it.

run from anything not JM stamped. Unless you are only going to have open sights.

There are some good REP stamped guns out there, but you need to really go over them. The later models were pretty decent.

The JM guns are pretty solid all around.

The new Ruger made guns are equal to or better than the JM guns. I have seen a QC issue here and there for the new guns, but it's always minor.

Mine is a remington made stainless trapper made in 2018. I really like it and have had no problems. I saw a guide gun stainless one at the local sporting goods store. Had a few small marks on the stock but looked good to me. It was marked for a thousand also unless it is in Butler, PA. Lol.

In the end, I was about ten minutes late. It was sold right before I walked in. And yes dan valasek, it was in Butler.

I have one of the later Remington made 336’s and it’s as good functionally as any. Of course the wood isn’t great but I bought it solely to hunt with and not worry about messing anything up.

In the end, I was about ten minutes late. It was sold right before I walked in. And yes dan valasek, it was in Butler.
OUCH..... sorry to hear that.... there will be others that come along. hang in there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back