PEAX Equipment

Making a job change possibly...what would you do?

We all are. Unless your taking the keys with or something they will figure it out
I don't disagree with you at all. We have a referendum coming up on the general election day. It has already failed once last spring and my name is on the "31 other cut possibility" flyer everyone in the district got in the mail.

I don't disagree with you at all. We have a referendum coming up on the general election day. It has already failed once last spring and my name is on the "31 other cut possibility" flyer everyone in the district got in the mail.
Sure that 40k pay cut isn’t for unemployment? Kinda feel like you just gave us the ol Paul Harvey

at 59, with 24yrs in persi, i just quit a 6figure job in east montana, to move to west montana, to have trees trout and elk

all not easy to find in far east montana, took 30k pay cut, no kids, no bills, wife employed, got my 3 high years for retirement,, i know were the birds and muledeer live, can always go back for that

but the stres reduction from a bad boss, and new challenges has been worth it

now my bird dogs are not adjusting well,,,

happy soul is something to consider if financially it can work,

at 59, with 24yrs in persi, i just quit a 6figure job in east montana, to move to west montana, to have trees trout and elk

all not easy to find in far east montana, took 30k pay cut, no kids, no bills, wife employed, got my 3 high years for retirement,, i know were the birds and muledeer live, can always go back for that

but the stres reduction from a bad boss, and new challenges has been worth it

now my bird dogs are not adjusting well,,,

happy soul is something to consider if financially it can work,
All the best to you. Hope it's all you could ask for and more

So the bad news is you’re a ways from good bird hunting. The good news is there are thousands of jobs for which you are qualified within a reasonable commute.

Think outside the box, you’re qualified for more than you realize. One example is sales- you could do that for sure, and do well financially.

*And you don’t have to apologize to anyone for becoming a teacher. Or for wanting a change to improve your life. Those are both things to be proud of in my opinion.
Thank you...it's appreciated

What's your wife's opinion on you changing jobs. Can she move and maintain her job or obtain a new job with the same compensation. How long until you can retire?
Lots of questions to answer but I think with proper planning you can get to where you want.
My wife is very supportive. When we were first married, it took her awhile to get herself established in the corporate wellness field. We moved a lot, I commuted as much as an hour and twenty minutes one way while she was "growing her brand" so to speak. She landed in a fortune 200 company and made great money but they owned her. Her last year at her former company we ate dinner together at home a total of 3 times the whole year (not including time off/holidays, etc )during a Monday through Friday work week due to corporate expectations. She eventually quit, took a 50% pay cut and now works 5 min away from our home in a totally different field. She loves it, I love it, and I love being able to see her. We lost well over 2500 a month in disposable income, but I would never want her to go back to something like that. I think she sees this (a potential career change for me) as a way to now support me in return for sacrificing for her while she was finding her path.

They call it a job for a reason. It all evens out in the end.
I don’t see it evening out. I have a job. Teaching is not a job. Teaching these days is more than a job - it’s a sacrifice.

I appreciate your support of teachers, et. al. I’m married to a teacher. I see first hand the toll it takes and the trade-offs that are made. @SAJ-99 based on your posts on this forum you’re smart, probably more so than I am. But your posts in this thread seem to hint at a lack of a deep understanding of all that can go in to a teaching job.

Sure I could quibble with what the OP has said here and there, but I hear and understand what he is saying because I live teaching vicariously on a daily basis. It is a tough row to hoe these days. Maybe you know several teachers well too, but as somebody who has a good idea of how a school/district in SE Wisconsin functions, trust me when I tell you, it’s not a job.

8pm and my wife is grading papers for her 3rd grade class. It's a very demanding job, trying to do what's best for the kids and still dealing with admin and some less than ideal parents.
She usually tries to do the heavy at home work when I'm working weekends or nights to give us more time together when I'm off.
Yes every job has its good and bad, but she definitely works harder than I'd be willing to for the pay she's earning. Hats off to all the teachers that do all the extra work for their kids.

Back