MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Lets see your fishing boat!

2016 Warrior 2090 with a 225 Merc tiller on the back.

Loaded her out with goodies!

12 ft Talon shallow water anchor on the back
Minn kota vantage rear trolling motor
Minn kota Ulterra self deploy on the front
3 lowrance hds live graphs at the back, 1 in the front

I've owned a handful of boats, and I won't consider a different brand after running this Warrior for 4 years. They make a hell of a boat!
With only 1 talon does your boat hold or move? I see few people with 1 and most have 2, I'm thinking about getting one for my boat, but I don't want 2.

With only 1 talon does your boat hold or move? I see few people with 1 and most have 2, I'm thinking about getting one for my boat, but I don't want 2.
It holds. The only benefit to 2 would be to keep it from twisting at all. I use the front trolling motor in addition to keep it from spinning at all.

It is super helpful loading and unloading the boat. I pull up to the dock, talon down, then throw a bow line and I'm good to go grab or park the truck!

Man, if I had one of those I’d be putting in for archery breaks and paddlefish a lot more 😅😍😎

It holds. The only benefit to 2 would be to keep it from twisting at all. I use the front trolling motor in addition to keep it from spinning at all.

It is super helpful loading and unloading the boat. I pull up to the dock, talon down, then throw a bow line and I'm good to go grab or park the truck!
We spend a lot of time on the Mississippi River and the kids like to go to sand bars and swim. It's a pain in the butt to continually have to adjust the boat as the other boats' waves and the current knock the boat sideways and pull it away from shore. I think one talon would hold the boat nicely and be the ticket.

2016 Warrior 2090 with a 225 Merc tiller on the back.

Loaded her out with goodies!

12 ft Talon shallow water anchor on the back
Minn kota vantage rear trolling motor
Minn kota Ulterra self deploy on the front
3 lowrance hds live graphs at the back, 1 in the front

I've owned a handful of boats, and I won't consider a different brand after running this Warrior for 4 years. They make a hell of a boat!

That's almost the hull weight in batteries. ;)

Slick tiller. The vantage troller is a great idea.

2015 Tracker Targa, purchased it used 3 years ago and use it for fishing and pulling the kids on tube's and wakeboards. It had a 100 hours on it, and we have put quite a few on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240529_101050.jpg
    IMG_20240529_101050.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 13
We spend a lot of time on the Mississippi River and the kids like to go to sand bars and swim. It's a pain in the butt to continually have to adjust the boat as the other boats' waves and the current knock the boat sideways and pull it away from shore. I think one talon would hold the boat nicely and be the ticket.
Yes, it works super well for that also. A few of the tournaments I do have weigh ins on beaches and it's nice to just pull up, then talon down and it'll stay there until I'm ready to leave! They even have a 15' talon now. Been tempted to get one, but the 12 does everything I need it to do!

That's almost the hull weight in batteries. ;)

Slick tiller. The vantage troller is a great idea.
Yeah, I have 5 batteries... 3 of them are new as of last week. 3 group 31 size AGM batteries. 62lbs a piece. Then 1 group 29 lead acid for a cranking battery & livewells, and one that's a 100 AH lithium for the graphs! Both trolling motors are 36v so I don't need separate batteries for them, they share.

IMG_1513.png
2001 Ranger 620 with 225 and 9.9 mercs. HB electronics and a Garmin cheatscope. Ultrex 36v trolling motor. Had it since 2002 and love the layout. Recarpet once already myself. Sadly 225 motor will probably be the next thing some day. It’s WAY cover 1000 hours, hit that like 5-6 years ago. I fish way more than I hunt.
Second boat is a 1978 alumacraft, 15’ with a 15 hp merc four stroke. I’ve really decked it out this past couple years and use it a lot for small lakes and sloughs. Added transom electric minnkota, HB 9” helix with side imaging, lithium 100ah battery, and a 10’ power pole Micro. Love the powerpole!!! Especially since no spot lock on TM.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.png
    IMG_1511.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2643.jpeg
    IMG_2643.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
1976 16' Monarch with a 1991 40hp Mariner (Yamaha).

IMG-2354.jpg

Heavily modified. I learned a long time ago that the fish come over the side the same if it's a canoe or a $60,000 bass boat.

1976 16' Monarch with a 1991 40hp Mariner (Yamaha).

IMG-2354.jpg

Heavily modified. I learned a long time ago that the fish come over the side the same if it's a canoe or a $60,000 bass boat.
While I agree partially, there is still a pretty big difference in what I used to be able to fish, and what I can fish now. I can fish a lot rougher water comfortably now than I ever could with any past boat I've owned. I fish 5-6 days a week though. Makes it easier to justify spending more money when I spend 100s of hours in it a year!
View attachment 327890
2001 Ranger 620 with 225 and 9.9 mercs. HB electronics and a Garmin cheatscope. Ultrex 36v trolling motor. Had it since 2002 and love the layout. Recarpet once already myself. Sadly 225 motor will probably be the next thing some day. It’s WAY cover 1000 hours, hit that like 5-6 years ago. I fish way more than I hunt.
Second boat is a 1978 alumacraft, 15’ with a 15 hp merc four stroke. I’ve really decked it out this past couple years and use it a lot for small lakes and sloughs. Added transom electric minnkota, HB 9” helix with side imaging, lithium 100ah battery, and a 10’ power pole Micro. Love the powerpole!!! Especially since no spot lock on TM.
I hit 1,000 hours on my optimax ProXS 3 years ago. Then blew it up on a tournament on lake of the woods. It was expensive, but it should be good for a long time now!

Yeah, I have 5 batteries... 3 of them are new as of last week. 3 group 31 size AGM batteries. 62lbs a piece. Then 1 group 29 lead acid for a cranking battery & livewells, and one that's a 100 AH lithium for the graphs! Both trolling motors are 36v so I don't need separate batteries for them, they share.

How is the battery life for your graphs? I moved the whole house system over to a 100ah flooded lead, but I'm only running 2 graphs and assorted ethernet hub, etc off of it (as well as the house system). Thinking about adding a stern graph on the port side as well.

While I agree partially, there is still a pretty big difference in what I used to be able to fish, and what I can fish now. I can fish a lot rougher water comfortably now than I ever could with any past boat I've owned. I fish 5-6 days a week though. Makes it easier to justify spending more money when I spend 100s of hours in it a year!

I hit 1,000 hours on my optimax ProXS 3 years ago. Then blew it up on a tournament on lake of the woods. It was expensive, but it should be good for a long time now!

I firmly believe that a boat should fit your situation. What water you run and how you use it should be the primary concerns. Now that I live near bigger water I'd like to find a nice aluminum bay boat, something in the 18-20' range. I'll need to look for a deal because, for me, fishing is just a hobby that I can manage 4-5 months out of the year and spending $60k+ doesn't fit with the way I will use it.

I think he was trying to say is that everyone should have multiple boats to fit multiple scenarios.

How is the battery life for your graphs? I moved the whole house system over to a 100ah flooded lead, but I'm only running 2 graphs and assorted ethernet hub, etc off of it (as well as the house system). Thinking about adding a stern graph on the port side as well.
I haven't killed it yet. But with 3 graphs running full time plus Active Target, I'm drawing about 7.5 amps/hr. I have fished 12 hr days and haven't had any issues yet. (That's about 90% usage of the available 100ah, which I don't think you're supposed to regularly use more than 80% for lithium's.)

I have been contemplating going to 2 units up front and another active target as well, but I would probably have to upgrade to a 200ah lithium or add another 100ah one.

I'm leaning towards not doing that as of now. We'll see how the tournaments go this year. If they go well, maybe I'll add it. If not, I'm going to keep running the way I have been. I like the way I have it set up now!

Interesting modification. I see the function of the platform, but does that inhibit the boat?
It’s built out of aluminum I can take it in and off myself in about 10 min if we wanna actually fish

Reactions: Hem
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back