Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Lets see those 375's

If I could have found the key to the ammo box at my mom’s when a last minute bear hunt came up this past spring, I probably could have posted a photo here of the Remington 700 375 I got from my dad with a nice bear. On second thought, that rifle is 0-2 on game (I missed a nice whitetail buck and my dad missed a nice bull) so I might have made it 0-3.

Beautiful guns, guys. I'm starting to look for a pretty .375 to buy, I missed one on an African hunting forum not that long ago. I've always wanted one, so it's fun to see a few. Great thread

Here’s mine. It’s is a rebarrelled LH 700. I was given the stock by a friend. I sanded off the fiberglass and patched it with marine epoxy to lower the comb. I shot it a little with a 2x scope but mostly with the Ashley Ghost ring sight. The stock is marked on the comb in inches from 8” to 11” to aid in evaluating bear tracks. I haven’t shot it in a dozen years but it still has a roll of electrical tape on the barrel ready for deployment. I used it guiding in Alaska, the farthest I ever shot a bear was 458 yards where I spined the wounded bear as it disappeared in the fog with a hell of a lot of luck and Kentucky windage.

Attachments

• IMG_9429.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9431.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9433.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Here’s mine. It’s is a rebarrelled LH 700. I was given the stock by a friend. I sanded off the fiberglass and patched it with marine epoxy to lower the comb. I shot it a little with a 2x scope but mostly with the Ashley Ghost ring sight. The stock is marked on the comb in inches from 8” to 11” to aid in evaluating bear tracks. I haven’t shot it in a dozen years but it still has a roll of electrical tape on the barrel ready for deployment. I used it guiding in Alaska, the farthest I ever shot a bear was 458 yards where I spined the wounded bear as it disappeared in the fog with a hell of a lot of luck and Kentucky windage.
Brave man packing a 700. According to some experts. mtmuley

Ruger Number One in 375 H&H. I've shot three black bear with it, nothing else. Closest one was at about 15 feet - it had been wounded by another hunter, I followed it up into the brush and finished it. Farthest was a bit over 300 yards. That was a one-shot kill via the 260 gr Nosler Accubond. Enjoy handloading for it and practicing with it as well. Regards, Guy

Attachments

• Ruger 375 HH.jpg
    Ruger 375 HH.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Bear 1.jpg
    Bear 1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Bear 2010.jpg
    Bear 2010.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
Brave man packing a 700. According to some experts. mtmuley
I always hear about people replacing the extractor with a Sako extractor because it was a weak point.. though I never ever met anyone who broke one. As for accidental discharge? IDK.. I basically never put one in the pipe unless I was ready to shoot backing up a hunter or tracking a wounded bear. In general I was way more worried about ensuring it went off than worrying about whether it would inadvertently. But it’s certainly another great reason never to point a firearm at anything you don’t intend to kill.

I haven’t shot it in a dozen years but it still has a roll of electrical tape on the barrel ready for deployment.

LOL. I looked at the photos first and I was getting ready to ask what the “collar” was a few inches behind the front sight.

Beautiful guns, guys. I'm starting to look for a pretty .375 to buy, I missed one on an African hunting forum not that long ago. I've always wanted one, so it's fun to see a few. Great thread
I dropped a dandy off on consignment at Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, MT a week ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
I have no use for a .375, but I do have a set of dies for one. That has been enough to make me buy a rifle in the past and all these cool rifles, stories and pictures just add to that. Cool thread!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back