Caribou Gear Tarp

Lets see those 375's

I have no use for a .375, but I do have a set of dies for one. That has been enough to make me buy a rifle in the past and all these cool rifles, stories and pictures just add to that. Cool thread!
I think the history alone is reason to own the cartridge. I think sometimes we overlook the value and effectiveness of what got us here and buy the latest wizbang super magnum. The 375 h&h has to be one of the most popular hunting cartridges ever, especially outside lower 48 and i enjoy the hell out of hunting with mine.

IMG_3227.jpeg
Bongo killed in the African jungle with camp rental Remington Model 700 in .375 H&H, 300 grain bullets & Leupold red dot scope - May 19, 2024. Lokomo area, southeast Cameroon, Equatorial Africa.

4 shots all under 15 yards. Rifle in top right of photo leaning against vegetation. We also killed a forest sitatunga with the same rifle later in the hunt at about 80 yards.

Excellent cartridge and rifle. Happy hunting to all this fall, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Last edited:
My .375 RUM, 26" Rem 700 SS barrel and action, KDF brake. Laminated stock from Richards that I made to fit me. Action is pillar and glass bedded, barrel is glass bedded and full floated, in stock recoil reducer and a Limbsaver pad. I currently have a 3-9x40 Leupold VX Freedom scope with their CDS turret on it, and the top of the turret is marked with a 100 yd zero and marks at field tested hits at 200, 300, and 430 yds (the farthest berm at our range).

I've worked up 3 shot moa handloads for it with 300 and 270 gr Barnes TSX bullets, 300 gr Sierra GameKings, and 281 gr Hammer bullets.

I've used it on 2 African and 1 Alaskan hunts.
GKHtUOcl.jpg

ti8UoNZl.jpg

Y8bZVYvl.jpg
BtLBNrCl.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back