kids sneaking out

Oh dude, for sure- so did mine and damn glad he did.

Maybe it’s just me being soft, but with girls it is just so different. The father-daughter relationship is critical, and we have all heard of or seen examples where that goes awry.
Definitely. I will take your word on that, all we have is boys. But I'm sure it's totally different. Kind of glad I don't have any girls I'm not sure I'm wired for that at all haha.

Hey @PRO MO , how are things going with your daughter?

I have the pleasure of interfacing with the men who met the 13-year-old girls sneaking out at night, and thought they hit the lottery. In the eyes of a predator, a minor who doesn’t want their parents to find out what they are up to is a prime target, second only to teen runaways. It is a game of roulette that all too frequently ends facedown in a ditch, or pressed into sex trafficking.

Now, if only our kids believed us about the evils in the world we warn them about, and didn’t think they were invincible. I have a rebellious and risk-happy 7-year-old girl that I can only imagine will be more than a handful once hormones hit.

I have a rebellious and risk-happy 7-year-old girl that I can only imagine will be more than a handful once hormones hit.
I have a 17yr old Niece, already she has been in alcohol & weed rehab several times & the programs were not successful.
They live 1/2 way cross the country & i do not know all details, but she has had a rough childhood complicated by divorced parents at a vulnerable age. She recently moved in with her 16 yr old boyfriend, (i have no idea how that works)
All i can do is pray for them.....
Steel yourself now for when the hormones hit, create & enjoy joyful times now, hope & pray your precious girl stays on the right track.
I can not imagine trying to raise children in the cesspool of American Culture now days.

Hey @PRO MO , how are things going with your daughter?

I have the pleasure of interfacing with the men who met the 13-year-old girls sneaking out at night, and thought they hit the lottery. In the eyes of a predator, a minor who doesn’t want their parents to find out what they are up to is a prime target, second only to teen runaways. It is a game of roulette that all too frequently ends facedown in a ditch, or pressed into sex trafficking.

Now, if only our kids believed us about the evils in the world we warn them about, and didn’t think they were invincible. I have a rebellious and risk-happy 7-year-old girl that I can only imagine will be more than a handful once hormones hit.
its been a constant struggle. She threatened suicide a couple days after my last post, so we got the police, and medical professionals involved - and at their recommendation sent her to inpatient treatment for a week. It seemed to work, and she was better for a couple weeks, but fell back into the same bad routine again - sneaking out, vaping, lying, and now stealing, but at least she hasn't been suicidal.
Yes, it's terrifying knowing the what-ifs that could happen, and she doesn't even acknowledge that or think it could happen - even though the last time she was caught sneaking out, she got into a car with a 14yo boy who didn't even have his drivers license. That scared the shit out me.
I don't know what to do at this point, i'm hoping that when she gets back to school next week, maybe that will start forming healthy relationships with friends again, but it could also make it worse. We've been having her stay with her dad and his parents (i don't think i mentioned that i am the step-dad, not actual dad in this whole thread) while i was in alaska for two weeks. To give you an idea how he is - as i write this i just got a text from my wife saying 6 pills are missing from my older step-daughters adhd medication, a prescription he picked up. so much fun dealing with all this...

its been a constant struggle. She threatened suicide a couple days after my last post, so we got the police, and medical professionals involved - and at their recommendation sent her to inpatient treatment for a week. It seemed to work, and she was better for a couple weeks, but fell back into the same bad routine again - sneaking out, vaping, lying, and now stealing, but at least she hasn't been suicidal.
Yes, it's terrifying knowing the what-ifs that could happen, and she doesn't even acknowledge that or think it could happen - even though the last time she was caught sneaking out, she got into a car with a 14yo boy who didn't even have his drivers license. That scared the shit out me.
I don't know what to do at this point, i'm hoping that when she gets back to school next week, maybe that will start forming healthy relationships with friends again, but it could also make it worse. We've been having her stay with her dad and his parents (i don't think i mentioned that i am the step-dad, not actual dad in this whole thread) while i was in alaska for two weeks. To give you an idea how he is - as i write this i just got a text from my wife saying 6 pills are missing from my older step-daughters adhd medication, a prescription he picked up. so much fun dealing with all this...
I feel your pain as a step dad. I don't have the identical situation but I can relate to most of it. Not a fun spot.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back