Kids shooting competition

That's some good shooting! My kids are 5 & 8 and are just getting big enough to handle the 10/22 and rossi 410 bought specifically for them. Can't wait until they can both outshoot me.

What gun and cartridge? Are the rules about accuracy or precision? Seems to be based upon group size. I like it either way

What gun and cartridge? Are the rules about accuracy or precision? Seems to be based upon group size. I like it either way
Rem 700 in 223.

We shot first and then made up the winning rules and prize before walking down to the target.

Settled on most hits in the green dot, if both the same then group size. Either way she whipped him.

Last edited:
That's some good shooting! My kids are 5 & 8 and are just getting big enough to handle the 10/22 and rossi 410 bought specifically for them. Can't wait until they can both outshoot me.
I don’t know if I would have shot better than them today. That is about as good as that ammo shoots. It’s always been a .75 moa load. They did really well tonight.

Last edited:
Went back today and each had to shoot prone with a bipod and then shoot standing off a tripod at 200 yards. They were 6 for 6 and it was not even a competition. Goal for me was just getting them comfortable setting the gun up, getting in target, and connecting.

Then we set up and shot standing. The boy went 5 out of 6 and the daughter went 3 for 6. So he is on cloud 9 finally beating her.

Pulled the target and I was impressed, that would be one dead deer. I need to find a longer range for next session.

IMG_3122.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back