Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Interesting Articles On Some Rare Lever Action Rifles

shrapnel

Both "Guns" Magzine and "Winchester Collectors" magazines have articles on some nice original lever action rifles.

First is a 50-100-450 I got last year and posted it here. Well It is a real rare rifle with probably the most special order features you could get on a single rifle. It is a scarce rifle in caliber alone, but with 14 options, it is in a league of it's own.

50 Caliber rifles attract a lot of attention to begin with and then to have this example survive all those years with this much condition is truly a miracle. I have been shooting varmints with it, hoping to kill a deer or antelope with it. I did take it to Texas this winter and shoot a hog with it...

cbj6BQ5.jpg

74Wdrbm.jpg

supcOKr.jpg

The second article is in "Guns" magazine about some rare consecutive serial numbered guns. When I was going through my safe to find a rifle or 2 to sell to offset the cost of the 50-100-450, I pulled out my 1886 SRC in 45-70. Although it is a gun I would rather not sell, the 50 was more important. I looked on the internet to get an idea of where to price my 45-70, I found one listed that was real close in condition. Upon further investigationi noticed the gun for sale was one serial number different than mine.

Instead of selling, I ended up buying another rifle. I got letters for both and they were shipped to Hawaii for the citizens guard which was a group of concerned citizens that armed themselves agains an overthrow by some natives. After 130 years of separation, I was able to unite these 2 rifles again...

Q17MLiM.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back