I shouldn’t be looking at guns.

Nambaster

I went and did it again today. In the late hours of the evening last night I was browsing the internet and I found a deal on a gun that I didn’t need. It came at a price that I just couldn’t pass up and now it sits in my safe and I am obsessing over it.

It’s a Weatherby Mark V chambered in 300 Weatherby. It came with:

(6) full boxes of Weatherby factory rounds with 180 grain noslers.
(1) full box federal premium 180 grain Gamekimgs
(3) loose rounds of the federals.
(1) 20 round box of deprimed Weatherby factory brass.
(1) box Weatherby Select 180 grain
(1) Lee Pacesetter Die set.

All for $650. I didn’t do any haggling or negotiating. Just handed him the cash.

I know the 300 Weatherby is getting obsolete.

It’s a lot of gun for sure. The Mark V is definitely an older one from dents and dings and some pitting on the barrel. It’s a South Gate California rifle. I have always wanted a Lazermark but this Mark V will have to do, with its checkered barrel.

Now to mount a scope and see if she can shoot.

If she can shoot I’ll keep her in my safe and break her out for elk hunts.

200 rounds should last me a lifetime at that rate.

And if it don’t shoot, Nephew Perma would be interested in buying that off of you! Absolutely nothing wrong with a 300 Roy. Good find.

I was ogling Mark 5 in 300 Weatherby at a local gun show last Saturday for 3 times that much. Nice find and a good deal.

Who says a 300 Weatherby is going obsolete?

Its still arguably one of the best 300 out there. There are just goobers like like me that think we need something sexier like .30 Nosler or PRC. Neither will kill an elk any faster, further or cleaner.

Its a little heavy is the only complaint for my hunting in the mountains.

Great deal

2 questions:

1) Where can one browse used guns from private sellers online that you can get in hand the next day? Do you have a local classifieds for your area or something? Anything of the sort for my area prohibits selling firearms, so I’m very interested if there’s a gun Craigslist that I don’t know about.
2) WHERES THE PICS?!

No sir, I don't think you made any kind of mistake.

That's a smoking deal on a classic American rifle. Solid work.

2 questions:

1) Where can one browse used guns from private sellers online that you can get in hand the next day? Do you have a local classifieds for your area or something? Anything of the sort for my area prohibits selling firearms, so I’m very interested if there’s a gun Craigslist that I don’t know about.
2) WHERES THE PICS?!
Zidaho.com

To not look at guns would be as not to dream. Who does not want to dream?

I look forward to all the stories of all the animals that bounce your bullets back at you because they know your gun is obsolete. Keeps you from tagging out too quickly too. :)

Congrats on the deal.

Nothing wrong with a Mark v, at all. Im not a weatherby catridge fan - but i might have even bought it with that kind of deal.

Looks like a very pretty rifle!

I have a Deluxe in 300 wby myself. Nice rifle I bought in 2009, although I don't shoot it. Its too much if a good thing for hunting whitetail out of a climber in Alabama.

Nice purchase...that stock will handle recoil much better than the Fiber Mark 300 WBY I once owned.

I’m a lefty and I woulda bought it for that price. Hell of a deal for a beauty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back