Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I need shotgun advice

Thanks guys looking at the options now online and will probably hit the stores this week looking at the shotguns. Not in a super hurry but I also need to pick up a shotgun for the wife. She is left eye dominant so she shoots LH

I do not see a lh model but the Franchi compact looks interesting for her

My son has a LH Franchi. Other son has a Montefeltro. I shoot a Benelli Ultra Light.

I have heard good things about the franchi and debated looking at one primarily for geese. I like the beretta a400 but the $2700 price tag in Canada I can’t justify spending on a shotgun

I own and can recommend the A300 outlander in 12, the a400 excel in 12, new model montefeltro in 12, old model montefeltro in 20. The a300 has a reasonable price and is a very good gun. I think Midway has a camo 12 version for $599 right now. For a rough use shotgun it offers a lot. Mine has the basic black plastic stock. I use it for crappy weather, turkey and waterfowl. The others are nicer. Just depends on what you want. I like both gas and inertia. Both systems are reliable for the most part and each has their pros and cons. Benelli lowered the price on the m2's. People seem to be happy with those.

Browning maxxus is another to comsidernif you pike a softer recoiling gas operated gun. Shot one a bunch and really liked it.
My turkey gun is a Maxus II in Browning vintage camo. I looked at a lot of shotguns before I bought the Maxus, my other shotguns I’ve purchased used but I wanted one nice one.

Last edited:
My Benelli M2 is a south paw gun. I shot right handed guns for about 40 years before I bought this LH Benelli. Right side ejection never bothered me but the awkward working the safety did. I’ve been told the safety can be switched for a left handed on the M2. I never figured that out.
You’ll be happier in the long run if you buy your wife a left handed gun. Next best would be a tang safety like the Mossberg.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gunnersreview
Back