I need shotgun advice

sigpros

Looking to buy a new shotgun. I would like to find one that i could use for everything. I have a browning bps that I love but it is heavy and it is too nice to drag aroud turkey hunting or in the muddy fields chasing geese. I am leaning semi auto and 12 gauge. I will use it waterfowl hunting and turkey hunting and maybe a little upland but will probably still use the bps for that. Let me know what I should be looking at fellas

I dont know what price point, I don't mind spending money on good equipment. Also I am kind of looking at a buy once cry once deal here. I don't do a lot of shotgun hunting so I want a good one that will last my son has a M1 20 gauge that has been a nice gun so benelli is on my list I just don't know the models and where the sweet spot is for price and function

I'd recommend a Berettta A400. I have a 10 year old Xplor that has been nothing but excellent. It's my everything shotgun at this point -just switch out choke tubes. At least 10k rounds through it with zero failures! (I shoot a lot of trap and sporting clays).

Looking to buy a new shotgun. I would like to find one that i could use for everything. I have a browning bps that I love but it is heavy and it is too nice to drag aroud turkey hunting or in the muddy fields chasing geese. I am leaning semi auto and 12 gauge. I will use it waterfowl hunting and turkey hunting and maybe a little upland but will probably still use the bps for that. Let me know what I should be looking at fellas
Check out the Franchi Momentum

third on the Franchi Affinity if price matters. Otherwise, spend up and get the Benelli SBE 3. Having shot a lot of shotguns, I don't think you can find a sweeter trigger pull and recovery than the SBE 3. Its a pleasure to shoot all day long.

X3 for the Franchi.....some know I sell guns at Scheels and handle/shoot guns all the time. Gas guns will shoot a little softer but require more cleaning and are heavier(truth-the Beretta A400 Extreme is awesome), I have had great luck with Benellis and now Franchi and use my shotgun for mostly geese with occassional upland. I chose the Affinity 3.5 in optifade marsh as I found it to be the sweet spot for value. Made by Benelli in the same factory (they are both owned by Beretta BTW) and share a bunch of the same parts for about half price. Even before the break with high brass loads mine has NEVER failed to cycle any load.

I think you would have to buy used but a Beretta A391 Xtrema2 would fit your needs well. It can shoot everything between 2.75" and 3.5" shells reliably. Mine has the kick-off stock but wouldn't hesitate to buy one without it.

I'd recommend a Berettta A400. I have a 10 year old Xplor that has been nothing but excellent. It's my everything shotgun at this point -just switch out choke tubes. At least 10k rounds through it with zero failures! (I shoot a lot of trap and sporting clays).
Ill second the Beretta A 400
five star gun!!

Back