Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Holy copper fouling!

Yeah, that's how i got here. At this point though, i'm not convinced it's a gun issue, I think it's the bullets or my parallax issue on my scope. hate to say, but the gun is being labeled unreliable for the season, and I don't have time anymore to work up a load.

Yeah, that's how i got here. At this point though, i'm not convinced it's a gun issue, I think it's the bullets or my parallax issue on my scope. hate to say, but the gun is being labeled unreliable for the season, and I don't have time anymore to work up a load.
Don’t want to come as anything but helpful, but is that the gun that had the rough bedding job? I don’t remember if you fixed that, but if not then I’d recommend grinding all of the epoxy out and redoing it

Don’t want to come as anything but helpful, but is that the gun that had the rough bedding job? I don’t remember if you fixed that, but if not then I’d recommend grinding all of the epoxy out and redoing it
No you've been helpful, I appreciate the thought. It's something i've thought of doing. I don't know that I'd consider the bedding job rough, it was just a tough experience. Truth be told, it's my plan z and will do it if I have to. I'm just not there yet in the process. This gun shot well before when it was bedded, but admittingly the bed job wasn't the best. I just think there's a lot of little issues that added up over time. I just fixed the parallax issue, overtorqued screws. If that doesn't address it, I will try some factory noslers from a box and go from there.

If you don't have a lot of experience with Swift Scirocco, they like a lot of Speed.
If you don't run them hard and Fast you will likely get 1.5 to 2" groups. But you might get Lucky.
EDIT: Maybe try SST Hornady. 👍

I have a great shooting 700 that suddenly went south on me a few years back.
I was stumped but others suspected copper fouling. I cleaned it as directed on the container of Montana X treme and just like magic the 700 in 270:was back to its old accurate self. Meanwhile I got to really liking another rifle I had bought but was less thrilled with than the 700. Good news is I have two favorites I love to hunt with. Bad news is I’m always torn which one to take out. Its like having two best girls.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BradenBowhunter148
Back