Guiding Industry

I don't have any use for the outfitters that tie up the land in leases and drive up the prices for everyone. I might consider a guide, but only for his knowledge, not for his leases.

I view most outfitters as public resource consumptive maggots. Never do I see them putting the resource before the all mighty dollar. Sorry my .02 cents.

And as far as requiring guides to hunting anywhere, that must of came from an outfitter.

I view Guides & Outfitters as more of a threat to hunting than I do the anti's. In Colorado hunting west of I-25 on private is all pay-to-play and its fast becoming that way east of I-25Numerous places that I've hunted in the past are leased up by outfitters now. As more private land gets lease and the public land gets more crowded, some folks are saying "forget it" and quit hunting altogether.

And there's my personal opinion that guided hunts are not "Fair Chase". When you go guided, you are not hunting, you are just shooting IMO

I think outfitters use to provide a good service by providing the tents,mules,stoves,groceries and the pack in and out of the backcountry. I'm sure there are a small percentage that still provide that service to the NR.
The problem today is that a person calls himself an outfitter because he has the keys to the gate.
It's not a matter of a few bad apples in the barrel- It's the barrel that smells with a few good apples on top.

Back