Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

Finley and I have been slipping in a few last hunts. It's been a good year and hope to get out another day or two on the ducks and trying to get to SD late next week for another crack at the pheasants.

IMG_0764.jpgIMG_0757.jpg

Dang dog loves to roll in the dirt after getting wet but thought this picture was pretty funny. His Mom wasn't quite as impressed! :)

54079785945_dfe3705d85_4k.jpg

Zoom in and look at the yellow dogs messed up teeth. He's only three and I can't get him to stop diving for rocks. Big rocks, like the size of a volleyball.

Have you tried a shock collar - similar to what people do for snake and porcupine training?
I have a similar problem with young Dusty. He grabs small rocks and chews them. He hasn't ruined his teeth or swallowed them. Yet.

Have you tried a shock collar - similar to what people do for snake and porcupine training?
I have a similar problem with young Dusty. He grabs small rocks and chews them. He hasn't ruined his teeth or swallowed them. Yet.
Ellie chews up seat belts. Four times I have replaced them. Smart enough to only do it when I'm not in the Jimmy so shock collar wouldn't help. She doesn't like being left in the vehicle during hunting season. Guess I can't blame her. Sigh!

I had to have our big white Lab put down this summer and swore I wouldn't go through that again. Now, seeing your pictures has me re-thinking that decision.
The problem you have is you didn't have a younger dog backing him up. I almost quit on bird dogs when I lost my old Springer, Skipper about 1984. Went looking foe a pup and finally occurred to me I wasn't looking for a pup but was looking for Skipper. That was long ago and since then I always have a min two dogs around anymore, one about half the age of the older one. The older one dies on me and a younger one takes up the slack sort of! I have three Red Setter's today. Stormy is 11 yrs now. His son Snicker is a bit over 4 and his daughter, Abby just past two. Gonna be tuff loosing Stormy but Snicker and Abby will help me along!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mpdenham1
Back