Caribou Gear

Go to roast recipe

If you cut it in 3/4” slices and tenderize it with a meat hammer, you can use them for more back strap type recipes. Wrapped in bacon with an onion sliver or jalapeños and cream cheese on the pit is probably my favorite, along with fajitas a close second. Of coarse some of it will get deep fried.

The meat hammer has really upped my game as far as prepping the less tender cuts of an animal. I’m not sure why it isn’t more popular.

I do a fair bit of Dutch oven roast aswell when I have the time. Same basic way as others except I’ll poke a few holes in it and shove some onions, garlic and parsley in. It will really add to the flavor.

Once a year or so I’ll cube a roast up and put in a big vegetable soup.
I hammer roast slices out for country fired steaks too

Hank Shaw pastrami…. Trying the meateater pastrami currently (wet brine vs dry). Will report back!

Also, dry brine sous vide roast is pretty good. It’s all about retaining moisture to me.
I’ve made them all several times. I prefer a wet brine because it gives me a juicier product and a more consistent cure. However, I like Hanks flavors better than Meateater’s.

So I do a hybrid - I make Hank’s corned venison recipe, minus the cinnamon stick, but ADD in celery seed to the wet brine. Then take the wet brined meat and coat it with the pepper and coriander from Hank’s pastrami recipe and follow the pastrami recipe from there.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DtechStore
Back