Gift idea for a hunt helper

Nick87

I need some ideas for a gift for someone going along on a hunt this year. My 21 year old cousin is going with on my NM elk hunt to help out. Kid has literally been on his own since he was 18. So was pretty big of him to take off work unpaid to come along I thought. He's more like an oldest child to me and we hunt together whenever we can ( he lives a few hours away). Was wanting to buy him a lifetime hunting license for his home state of Wisconsin but they don't do that. @brockel 's binocular ad had me thinking about that. Last binos I bought from him actually went to him as well. I'm all ears for ideas...

Last edited:
Unless he’s someone who’s got it made already, I’d say an upgraded piece of gear would be appreciated. Not sure what but maybe even something’s he’s wanted to upgrade for awhile but just can’t justify it. Upgrade optics: scope, binos, spotter etc?

A Ruana knife would be a sweet gift. He could use it for years and pass it down to one of his children in the future.
All of their knives are great but I have a couple personal favorites and they are.

Steelhead
5AD
95AD

1722811545791.png

I was gifted a magnum set of game bags once from a buddy. Took his daughter out for her first deer he showed up a week later with bags a skull hooker and pretty sweet knife. I enjoy packing those bags in the pack every fall

That'd probably be the best for his situation in all honesty. Might just get gifted the sako in 7mmHT. Not sure yet.
Based on what you’ve posted, I’d try to find where need and want meet. For example, if you’ve already gifted him a decent pair of binoculars, a nicer pair would fill a want and not a need.

If he hunts WI, there’s usually always a need and want for a new treestand and/or blind. Does he have a rangefinder?

Most midwest guys don't need real packs so get home a nice backpack and fill it with quality stuff he can use during trip and dam near forever. Maybe kuiu venture backpack, nalgene bottle, 2 pairs of smartwool socks, wool base layer set, sitka\kuiu pants, shirt, sweatshirt, hat and then maybe a quality knife. You know what he needs and would appreciate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back