Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Game cameras during MT seasons?

Throwing in my 2 cents, trail cams are just like a jet-ski running up a river--the only person ok with it is the one who is on it (legal or not). I'm curious to know if anyone has had someone create some real "memorable kodak moments"?

All considerations aside, basically each season there are more and more "eyes" out there then before.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs...ving-sex-forest-sparks-debate-marking-trail-c

I guess my point is that some regulation should never govern shooting distance. Common sense and ability should.......

How much opportunity are you willing to loose to keep Long Range equipment in use.

The problem being that as technology develops, more and more people will be able to take game at ridiculously long ranges. Higher success rates mean less quality game, and less numbers. Look at archery, now considered to be having impacts on game populations in certain areas. Archery use to have much lower success rates than with today's equipment. Something will have to give. Either the equipment, or the season structures. There is a finite amount of presure our game can take. I think we have reached that threshold.

Ridge runner, your analogy isn't even a close comparison. People will hardly know that there's a camera in the area unless they stumble on one hanging in a tree. There's no noise, and no disturbance. They don't interfere in other recreational opportunities. Wave runners do!

If you have to use the bathroom in the woods....I'm just saying, be careful. You never know what will take your picture.

shoots-straight, you are absolutely right, a wave runner is WAY more noticeable. I was simply trying to make the point that it's really easy to be against game cameras when you don't have one. Just like a wave runner is super annoying unless you are on it, then it's the best thing in the world.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back