Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gals, how did you learn to hunt?

Well once you're through the first gate (submitting a questionnaire and some pics to the ether) they called me and explained the process. The next gate involved submitting hours of footage with very specific asks (starting a fire, hunting skills, bushcraft, etc).

Took me a few weeks to get it all together and uploaded. Once that was complete I had a 30-45min interview over skype (outside). The casting people take the interview footage and hours of outdoor footage (I had to build a shelter and send that all in unedited!) and edit it all into a short 'pitch' video that they bring to the producers and decide who from this pool gets to go to "Alone bootcamp" (20 people are picked for this and those 20 are cut to 10 for the actual show). I did not get to go to bootcamp but there's probably a cool 'action video' of me on somebody's harddrive somewhere!
If the producers of Alone think like Survivor contestants, they may have you in mind for future seasons. Lots of Survivor folks have applied for years, before the right "mix" of contestants is formed for a season. In their minds, there have been too many @ammo type contestants, and will need you for next season.

If the producers of Alone think like Survivor contestants, they may have you in mind for future seasons. Lots of Survivor folks have applied for years, before the right "mix" of contestants is formed for a season. In their minds, there have been too many @ammo type contestants, and will need you for next season.
I hope so - everyone laughs when I call it my "dream vacation" (eg you mean everyone leaves me alone while I fish and hunt for 3 months? sounds great)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back