Gallatin Canyon Wall Tent Homicide

We need to commit ourselves to staying in the woods and opposing the crazy and/or criminals. If we give them room they will take it. It’s like half-time in a football game. Make adjustments.

It’s so damn sad. We need to fight for what is ours in whatever way we can.
Bold group for them to be messing with. It's not like most hunters have and are carrying guns...

Won't change the fact I'll be up that way hunting again shortly!

John R. Lott Jr. is president of the Crime Prevention Research Center and he lives in Missoula. He served as senior adviser for research and statistics in the Office of Justice Programs and the Office of Legal Policy at the Justice Department.
I think we posted the same evidence that crime isn't actually going down?

Crazy world, so sad.
About a month ago my wife and I went to a retired football field with my black lab for training. I left my wife and dog in the truck while I set up some bumpers for retrieving drills. I was about 150 yards from my truck when a man across the road about 150 yards the other way came out of his house with a pit bull. The pit saw me and immediately charged my way in I felt an aggressive way. There I stood in the wide open with no weapon and no where to go. The man was laughing and seemed to be encouraging the dog. Thankfully the dog retreated back the way it came. I hollered and said put your dog up. He began cursing me and hear come the dog back at me. Dog stopped again, by this time my wife realized something was amiss. She started the truck and headed across the field my way. I said a few more things to the man. He continued to curse me and talk crazy. He yelling said things like I've been watching you, I know who you are, saying stuff about the FBI and even stooped low enough to call me a democrat. Seriously though I don't know what his problem was just a very angry person. When he started screaming I'm going to kill you I had enough. I called the cops and drove away. I really would have been afraid to be close to this dude. Yes I had a gun in my truck but I hope I'm never put in that situation. I drove out the other end of the field. Eventually met the cops and told them what happened.
Cops said it wasn't first time to his house.

Last edited:
Crazy world, so sad.
About a month ago my wife and I went to a retired football field with my black lab for training. I left my wife and dog in the truck while I set up some bumpers for retrieving drills. I was about 150 yards from my truck when a man across the road about 150 yards the other way came out of his house with a pit bull. The pit saw me and immediately charged my way in I felt an aggressive way. There I stood in the wide open with no weapon and no where to go. The man was laughing and seemed to be encouraging the dog. Thankfully the dog retreated back the way it came. I hollered and said put your dog up. He began cursing me and hear come the dog back at me. Dog stopped again, by this time my wife realized something was amiss. She started the truck and headed across the field my way. I said a few more things to the man. He continued to curse me and talk crazy. He yelling said things like I've been watching you, I know who you are, saying stuff about the FBI and even stooped low enough to call me a democrat. Seriously though I don't know what his problem was just a very angry person. When he started screaming I'm going to kill you I had enough. I called the cops and drove away. I really would have been afraid to be close to this dude. Yes I had a gun in my truck but I hope I'm never out in that situation. I drove out the other end of the field. Eventually met the cops and told them what happened.
Pretty sure your dude was posting on this thread yesterday

Crazy world, so sad.
About a month ago my wife and I went to a retired football field with my black lab for training. I left my wife and dog in the truck while I set up some bumpers for retrieving drills. I was about 150 yards from my truck when a man across the road about 150 yards the other way came out of his house with a pit bull. The pit saw me and immediately charged my way in I felt an aggressive way. There I stood in the wide open with no weapon and no where to go. The man was laughing and seemed to be encouraging the dog. Thankfully the dog retreated back the way it came. I hollered and said put your dog up. He began cursing me and hear come the dog back at me. Dog stopped again, by this time my wife realized something was amiss. She started the truck and headed across the field my way. I said a few more things to the man. He continued to curse me and talk crazy. He yelling said things like I've been watching you, I know who you are, saying stuff about the FBI and even stooped low enough to call me a democrat. Seriously though I don't know what his problem was just a very angry person. When he started screaming I'm going to kill you I had enough. I called the cops and drove away. I really would have been afraid to be close to this dude. Yes I had a gun in my truck but I hope I'm never out in that situation. I drove out the other end of the field. Eventually met the cops and told them what happened.
I don’t play with dogs. One guy got lucky one day his turned around it was about 2 steps from me shooting it. Another one changed it’s mind really quick when my boot made contact with it face

Back