FWP Fisheries Director Ousted?

The "other guy [turd]" is key to deciding if GG is a bigger pile of turd or not.
We want liberal or conservative appointments? This questions range is far greater than hunting and fishing. Though to each person to decide those questions.
Interesting enough the MD and Fisheries chiting pants did not suddenly begin at the starting gun of the 2021 Governor operation.

I'd like to think Schweitzer would manage our State far greater than GG. Even Cooney (whom I voted) though that was heavily weighed on many factors.

What is the background of the Democrat turd they present for Independent voters (myself)?
I sure don't want criminal endorsed sanctuary cities, liberal judges appointed, etc.

It DOES boil down to the turd presented to oppose GG. I hope libs pull their head out of their ass and not simply complain about the other because they thought another Quist would be a value to State needs (example). And no, please no Bullock B.S. he showed his true colors when he ventured into the federal spotlight.

Sure, just ask yourself if you're better off under GG. Which policies of his have improved your quality of life in Montana?

Lower state income taxes? Property taxes? More state lands? Slower urban sprawl? Better wildlife resources? Happier state employees?

I'm tired of hearing about what the "other guy" may have done.

What's the current governor done to help the good people of Montana?

I'm not hearing much positive. To be blunt, he sucks for anything to do with wildlife, fishing, hunting, etc.
I am not going to explain why the D party platform doesn't fit my values.

If youre looking for things that were untolerable to me the most - certainly the covid policies. Only a complete fool doesnt recognize that none of that worked, and only a complete tyrant thinks those policies should be in place post arrival of the vaccination.

If youre looking for things that were untolerable to me the most - certainly the covid policies. Only a complete fool doesnt recognize that none of that worked, and only a complete tyrant thinks those policies should be in place post arrival of the vaccination.
Good luck, hopefully wildlife, public lands, hunting, fishing, trapping, etc. are pretty far down on your list of things you value.

Good luck, hopefully wildlife, public lands, hunting, fishing, trapping, etc. are pretty far down on your list of things you value.
I dont have the privelage of being a single issue voter. You might feel different if you were a father to a daughter and a party platform advocates for the destruction of womens sports - for example.

I dont have the privelage of being a single issue voter. You might feel different if you were a father to a daughter and a party platform advocates for the destruction of womens sports - for example.
As a woman who also has a daughter, I prioritize my vote for those who leave us and our healthcare decisions the heck alone. To me, those threats are greater than the off chance someone plays on a certain team and the impacts those may have on my daughter, should she choose to play sports.

That comes second though to wildlife, natural resources, hunting, fishing, etc. Nothing else matters if we don’t have clean air, water, and good “habitat” for ourselves.

To each their own, it’s one of the unalienable rights we have to vote how we wish, but why the heck these things even have to be political issues beats me. Think how much better things would be, if both parties agreed on at least the natural resource stuff… I think Randy and Hal Herring talked about that on a podcast once.

As a woman who also has a daughter, I prioritize my vote for those who leave us and our healthcare decisions the heck alone. To me, those threats are greater than the off chance someone plays on a certain team and the impacts those may have on my daughter, should she choose to play sports.

That comes second though to wildlife, natural resources, hunting, fishing, etc. Nothing else matters if we don’t have clean air, water, and good “habitat” for ourselves.

To each their own, it’s one of the unalienable rights we have to vote how we wish, but why the heck these things even have to be political issues beats me. Think how much better things would be, if both parties agreed on at least the natural resource stuff… I think Randy and Hal Herring talked about that on a podcast once.
I couldn't vote for an R if I had a daughter and was concerned about women's rights...if only too obviously.
All about what represents your values. This does not represent mine.

Absolutely this^. As much as wildlife issues are about the wildlife, habitat, public lands, migration corridors, it's also about the massive benefits to ourselves. We lose wildlife, clean air, clean water, etc...doesn't take a genius to figure out who's next. We might be able to side step it for a while, but we're next, you can be guaranteed of that.

Specific to this current issue, I have to wonder how much of it has to do with the issue of gender? I hope it's not, but anyone that believes the "good old boy club" isn't alive and well is living in denial.

It's been my experience in the workforce, the only thing that threatens a right winger more than a woman's right to vote, is one that's smart, educated, good at their job, and doesn't take shit from self righteous men.

Last edited:

I thought to myself, "well he made it just over an hour". Then I realized you didn't even make through your own post. That made me laugh.

Thanks for killing the informative thread. Well done.

I thought to myself, "well he made it just over an hour". Then I realized you didn't even make through your own post. That made me laugh.

Thanks for killing the informative thread. Well done.
Good for you

What year did the Gov appointed F&W commission purchase the 5,600 acre Big Snowy Mountains Wildlife Management area? Just want to make sure the right guy gets the credit.

What year did the Gov appointed F&W commission purchase the 5,600 acre Big Snowy Mountains Wildlife Management area? Just want to make sure the right guy gets the credit.
He also will not give FWP authority to spend over $16,000,000 in Habitat MT funds from pot tax. It’s a mixed bag. So much more good could be done.

He also will not give FWP authority to spend over $16,000,000 in Habitat MT funds from pot tax. It’s a mixed bag. So much more good could be done.
Yep, the vast majority can probably agree he made a mistake on that. I guess he will have to defend that one. The point is the guy never seems to get any credit when something good like that happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back