Football General Talk

Per Rodney Reeves of Front Office Sports, Saleh's total compensation from the Jets for the 2024 season is $5 million. He was tied with Nick Sirianni of the Philadelphia Eagles as the 12th-highest-paid head coach in the league.

The Jets have had 2 winning seasons since 2010. Dare I say it is not actually the coaches fault?
I think you might be onto something. But I do believe ownership has a lot to do with it just like in Dallas.
Aaron Rodgers-Zach Wilson-Sam Darnold-Josh McCown-Ryan Fitzpatrick-Geno Smith-Mark Sanchez-Brett Favre....

I think you might be onto something. But I do believe ownership has a lot to do with it just like in Dallas.
Aaron Rodgers-Zach Wilson-Sam Darnold-Josh McCown-Ryan Fitzpatrick-Geno Smith-Mark Sanchez-Brett Favre....
Certainly a lot of QB's in that list where their play isn't going to hinder your ability to get into the playoffs.

Favre and Rodgers are/were at the ladder end of their career. The others were relatively young. Having the right staff in place to develop those young qbs can make or break a career. A gm chooses the head coach who chooses his staff. Placing at least some blame on upper management is not unreasonable.
1728495355249.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nate81
Back