Fly Tying/Fishing Thread

Got out to enjoy the tail end of the dry fly season yesterday with some ants and hoppers. Not a ton of fish, but we caught enough to stay busy. I caught a nice cuttbow off this little ant acid and my dad landed a few and lost a great brown that ate the hopper. Didn’t see another fisherman the entire day.
IMG_9853.jpeg
IMG_9861.jpeg
IMG_9879.jpeg

Last edited:
Good work @westbranch . We were hoping to fish this afternoon but the smoke scene was gross. I've been working too much last few months..hoping to get back on track with contributing.

I hadn't fished since the end of July, so the quick stop was good. Hazy here, but not too bad:

PXL_20240908_174124811.jpg

Reactions: Hem
Mine definitely gets a little to excited around water so ends up chilling in the truck quite a bit when fishing.
I wish I still had some of my olds pics, but mine pulled a carp out of a creek once and would try to retrieve hooked fish. He was a pain most of the time if I’m being honest, but it was good exercise for him.
IMG_0827.jpeg

I tie a fly or two just about every day. Good way to pass time in the hunting offseason. Always looking for inspiration. If you tied a fly today, or caught a fish on one, post it up.

Today was a couple sparkle minnow variations before work for an upcoming trip:

View attachment 313386
I have some peacock feathers I have had for years. Thought I would ties flies. Its clear I am not. If you or someone wants them let me know. Its an art form and they should go to someone who will put them for good use.

Anybody fished for Lakers in the big lake, YNP?
Buddy and I are headed in tomorrow to fish the lake for a few hours and then head over to the Yellowstone for the afternoon.

Anybody fished for Lakers in the big lake, YNP?
Buddy and I are headed in tomorrow to fish the lake for a few hours and then head over to the Yellowstone for the afternoon.
I have not but I’d make a guess that anything that look like a cutthroat would do the trick

I've only been tying a couple years and just getting more serious the last 6 months. Still a beginner for sure. I tie a few days a week right now since I had to skip snowboarding this year with a back surgery. Not tying anything as impressive as these big streamers on here. Just small water stuff for Colorado streams. Not home for better photos but wanted to show off some of these big eye hooks I've just started tying. Great for midges. Haven't got to fish them yet though to see how they do. View attachment 313490View attachment 313491View attachment 313492
View attachment 313487View attachment 313488
Everyone of those flies should catch CO trout....brookies, rainbows, browns and cutthroats. Good luck!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back