Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk or not?

I know yall gonna give me hell over it but is 17 to young lol
Ok, thought as much. No offense. First thing is slow down. Questions are good but try to figure them out before jumping in and asking others. Take some time to look around and think about what you see. Find the trails that deer are using and follow them. Observe where they go, what they go around and changes in the terrain. Look for any rubs on the trees and if there is a line of several that you can see. I get it, you're young and excited. It's going to take some time to learn things and you have all the time in the world. Maybe find a neighbor that hunts and see if they can show you a few things. Read hunting magazines. Read forum posts. Some answers to your questions can be found by simply looking around a little bit. Enjoy and good luck!

Ok, thought as much. No offense. First thing is slow down. Questions are good but try to figure them out before jumping in and asking others. Take some time to look around and think about what you see. Find the trails that deer are using and follow them. Observe where they go, what they go around and changes in the terrain. Look for any rubs on the trees and if there is a line of several that you can see. I get it, you're young and excited. It's going to take some time to learn things and you have all the time in the world. Maybe find a neighbor that hunts and see if they can show you a few things. Read hunting magazines. Read forum posts. Some answers to your questions can be found by simply looking around a little bit. Enjoy and good luck!
Slow wins the race correct lol. I've tried to find answers on other places and ice read plenty of bucks so far my favorite is by j Wayne fears . The books called hunting whitetails east and west and so far I've learned quite a bit. So far I've found answers to this question and narrowed it to either elk or hogs with a chance of a buck. Thanks tho for helping and explaining rather than judging

You need to learn hog tracks from deer.
Hogs will be rounder, more stubby unless a big boar. They will still have rounded tracks but be big like a nice buck.
The toe points will will be rounded off where a deer's track is more pointed.
Dew claws will be visible on both.
Look for tracks in the area.

That 2nd pic is hog poop I'd bet 100%.

You need to learn hog tracks from deer.
Hogs will be rounder, more stubby unless a big boar. They will still have rounded tracks but be big like a nice buck.
The toe points will will be rounded off where a deer's track is more pointed.
Dew claws will be visible on both.
Look for tracks in the area.

That 2nd pic is hog poop I'd bet 100%.
I ain't ever really seen deer or hog tracks just the normal yote and fox stuff

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhow1997
Back