Advertisement

Eastman Blog

It is a good read.

I just find it funny coming from Mr "DIY", "No Fences", the "Eastmans way", when he and his Papa Mike pretty much only hunt private land now :rolleyes:

I guess it's tough to kill stuff on TV if you have to go public land with guys and gals like us running around out there?

The blog post is fine, but it's hard to take Guy Eastman seriously in general.

Also read the comments in response to the blog, the disconnect in opinions seems to me to be the most difficult obstacle to overcome to get sportsmen/women to unite on the public land issues. A lot of the human nature of self interest.

I hate to tell you, but ALL tv hunters use private property at one time of another.

Nearly ALL of them hunt private only. Especially the white-tail shows. There are some good exceptions, though.

If I was trying to make a TV show, I would use either option, as long as it was fair chase. Eastmans may use outfitters land etc., but it is really a non-issue. I'll bet that if anyone here had the chance to hunt with Mike's friend Wendell on his property, you would take it.

They use some outfitters, but do not hide that fact.

Guy goes out by himself with one cameraman onto great public land that they have spent their whole lives figuring out. Lots of tips from all that experience are passed on to the public. Their shows are mostly either on public land, or may as well be, as it is the same type of land in the same country.

They have been successful hunters and have been fortunate enough to make a living at it.

Public land issues are always going to be a battle.

There are worse people out there for sure.

Nearly ALL of them hunt private only. Especially the white-tail shows. There are some good exceptions, though.

If I was trying to make a TV show, I would use either option, as long as it was fair chase. Eastmans may use outfitters land etc., but it is really a non-issue. I'll bet that if anyone here had the chance to hunt with Mike's friend Wendell on his property, you would take it.

They use some outfitters, but do not hide that fact.

Guy goes out by himself with one cameraman onto great public land that they have spent their whole lives figuring out. Lots of tips from all that experience are passed on to the public. Their shows are mostly either on public land, or may as well be, as it is the same type of land in the same country.

They have been successful hunters and have been fortunate enough to make a living at it.

Public land issues are always going to be a battle.

There are worse people out there for sure.

It's funny how the odds change with a little more pressure from other public hunters though...:rolleyes:

I'll bet that if anyone here had the chance to hunt with Mike's friend Wendell on his property, you would take it.

I sure would!!!!. I don't have a single public land hunt planned this fall, but I don't pay to hunt private

But then I don't go on TV, write books, call myself a legend, and say that I'm the greatest public land hunter on the planet either ;)

Good for Guy.

We need all hands on deck to defeat these stupid proposals. Glad that he wrote this.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back