Caribou Gear Tarp

Dsnow

Fear provides respect. Im the same way. Wild how i see some people treat PTO shafts.

Yep, drilled into my head as a kid growing up on a dairy farm. Never step over the hitch/PTO even if the tractor is turned off. A lot of old guys around with missing fingers and parts of arms.

One local accident was a frustrated teenager that plugged a corn chopper and was kicking at it and ended up losing a leg.

Can we start an "OSHA was never here" thread? I'll start it out with a soils deputy inspecting a drilled shaft while the driller was at lunch. Driller returned from lunch and continued doing what most lever pullers do... he went at it.... A 72" rock auger with 85k torque vs a soft body......

We had a guy holding a 2x4 in his hand to make a rake cut with a Skilsaw, problem was the line he was cutting went right across his fingers. He got hollered at and put it down on the sawhorses, bu then he went ahead and did it in his hand again on the next one. He didn't get all the way through them, they were still attached just a little bit so they stayed in order at least, nothing some extensive hand surgery couldn't take care of.

I frequently point my disfigured left index finger at my kids and grandkids, exclaiming, "Be careful with power tools!"
'Clipped the finger to the bone with a Lancelot tool, which is a circular high RPM chainsaw tool mounted on a hand grinder (pun intended).
I was lucky as it was a careless, stupid mistake such as this chipper tragedy, caused by not following proper safety procedure.

It's possible for proper training to avoid unsafe practices ... it's damn near impossible to train to avoid STUPID!

I frequently point my disfigured left index finger at my kids and grandkids, exclaiming, "Be careful with power tools!"
'Clipped the finger to the bone with a Lancelot tool, which is a circular high RPM chainsaw tool mounted on a hand grinder (pun intended).
I was lucky as it was a careless, stupid mistake such as this chipper tragedy, caused by not following proper safety procedure.

It's possible for proper training to avoid unsafe practices ... it's damn near impossible to train to avoid STUPID!
Lancelots should be illegal. Scary tool. mtmuley

Yes, Lancelot hit a knot, grabbed, then jumped out of control. Fearing loss of nose, eye, or whole face, I threw it with both hands and it whacked my finger as it departed.
Ouch. I'm not a wimp or anything, but I knew those were bad deal just looking at one. As dangerous as a table saw. mtmuley

Ouch. I'm not a wimp or anything, but I knew those were bad deal just looking at one. As dangerous as a table saw. mtmuley
Difference is a table saw won't jump and try to bite you. HOWEVER, I won't describe exactly how that occurred ... you already know I am foolish, unsafe, and not the sharpest tool in the shed ... so 'don't want to double-down on that! Suffices to say that there is a safer way to use the Lancelot, but even that is risky, IMO. So I agree; they are a scary tool.

Difference is a table saw won't jump and try to bite you. HOWEVER, I won't describe exactly how that occurred ... you already know I am foolish, unsafe, and not the sharpest tool in the shed ... so 'don't want to double-down on that! Suffices to say that there is a safer way to use the Lancelot, but even that is risky, IMO. So I agree; they are a scary tool.
I've taken one bite from a skillsaw. Shot several nails into myself. Interesting how bad an 18 gauge brad nail hurts for how small it is. Worse than a framing nail. mtmuley

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttt
Back