Dsnow

Fear provides respect. Im the same way. Wild how i see some people treat PTO shafts.

Yep, drilled into my head as a kid growing up on a dairy farm. Never step over the hitch/PTO even if the tractor is turned off. A lot of old guys around with missing fingers and parts of arms.

One local accident was a frustrated teenager that plugged a corn chopper and was kicking at it and ended up losing a leg.

Can we start an "OSHA was never here" thread? I'll start it out with a soils deputy inspecting a drilled shaft while the driller was at lunch. Driller returned from lunch and continued doing what most lever pullers do... he went at it.... A 72" rock auger with 85k torque vs a soft body......

We had a guy holding a 2x4 in his hand to make a rake cut with a Skilsaw, problem was the line he was cutting went right across his fingers. He got hollered at and put it down on the sawhorses, bu then he went ahead and did it in his hand again on the next one. He didn't get all the way through them, they were still attached just a little bit so they stayed in order at least, nothing some extensive hand surgery couldn't take care of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Covenant01
Back