Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Drew my 1st Montana Speed Goat šŸ Tag

Thanks I had no idea. This is not the end. I am efforting and taking care of it.

Ha ha ha
Set it submerged in hot water for 20 min or so to softened the outer sheath. Then put your foot on the skull and pull while twisting the horn. It may take more soaking.

Once the horn is off fill it with borax soap and let it dry for a week or so.

Simmer the skull plate about a hour or so just below boiling. Scrape all the flesh and remaining sheath off. Cut 1/2 - 3/4ā€ off the very tip off the bone horn, let dry for a week.

After the week and everything is dry, Blow out all the borax out of the outer sheath. Fit the sheath back on by using paper towel in the horn till you get the right height you want. Use white bathroom caulk to glue the outer horn sheath back on. Do this upside down so nothing leaks out onto the skull plate. Let sit upside down overnight.

Mount to the wall and be done.

Set it submerged in hot water for 20 min or so to softened the outer sheath. Then put your foot on the skull and pull while twisting the horn. It may take more soaking.

Once the horn is off fill it with borax soap and let it dry for a week or so.

Simmer the skull plate about a hour or so just below boiling. Scrape all the flesh and remaining sheath off. Cut 1/2 - 3/4ā€ off the very tip off the bone horn, let dry for a week.

After the week and everything is dry, Blow out all the borax out of the outer sheath. Fit the sheath back on by using paper towel in the horn till you get the right height you want. Use white bathroom caulk to glue the outer horn sheath back on. Do this upside down so nothing leaks out onto the skull plate. Let sit upside down overnight.

Mount to the wall and be done.
Thanks

I let one of my antelope sit in the garage in Sept for a couple of weeks and the horns slipped off the sheath. Stunk a bit, and I cleaned it out with something, can't remember. Congratulations on your antelope!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back