DNA kits?

If I were to have a DNA test I would want to use two separate companies and see if the results come back identical. :unsure:

Found my biological paternal great aunt and also found out why my maternal grandmothers parents looked like Geronimo. U.S. Army already has my DNA and they will probably use it to develop super soldiers in 100 years.
Disclaimer - Not pointed at you brother. Just where my mind goes.

This reminded me of a fella in high school who complained his father made him break up with, to never see again, a new girlfriend. He reported dumping her was awkward but drama-free because her mother had told her the same thing before he arrived at her house. I guess testing has some merit for young people in rural areas.

That and making sure she didn't participate in any mRNA experiments!

So this is kinda cool, before he passed and pre-DNA kits, my grandad researched and paid for some research on his family line from us grandkids and as far back as they could go. My daughter was learning about immigration from Europe a few weeks ago so I copied a couple pages of it for her to trace the dates some of her ancestors came to the US.

F3BCAF17-0DF1-4040-9F89-13B72A7CA60E_1_201_a.jpeg

This thread inspired me to do the Ancestry free trial and I've traced part of my dad's side back to the 1700s back in Prussia and Bavaria. Working on getting that far on Mom's side later.
Pretty incredible at the data and records the have available.
I had a good idea about my ancestry and where we came from, and this pretty well verified it. Almost pure Kraut, with just a tiny splash of Sweed.

Wife was an orphanage baby. She always wanted to know the answers. I got her a kit a couple years ago from Christmas but warned her not to have expectations too high for what she might find and I was right. She got lucky she was adopted because the biological mom was not the greatest person and she had a total of 8 kids with 3 men. The wife did make contact with one sister that said she had been watching for her to pop up on the registry. She remembered mom went to the hospital to have a baby and didn't come home with one. Family services intervened and made sure My wife was going to go to a better place in the end, and in this case they succeeded. From what the wife has found of other siblings she is not interested in making contact with the ones still alive. There are a couple cousins she would like to meet though. She has no regrets in the test, but was hoping for a better picture but she got the answers she was looking for.

My BIL claimed he was Cherokee and his mother supposedly had the card to prove it. Turns out he is ZERO % native american :ROFLMAO:
He doesn't know we all learned the truth from his daughter.
Some of my family keeps that native ancestor myth alive too. What do you get when you put 60 white people in a room? Full blooded Cherokee.

Nothing to do now but wait for your social score and see if you can nab a contract to help install those facial recognition cameras.

Like some others have said my DNA and fingerprints have LONG since been public domain between the military and local and federal LEO positions. Further, some of the assignments I have had and things I have been exposed to have given me a pragmatic/fatalist view. If the government WANTS to know something about you or gather data on you they WILL. That being said I recently did my my Ancestry and was a bit surprised. I am officially the whitest person on the planet AND have the Viking path of DNA (Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland) that was not known previsously. Also, have NOTHING south of about Austria. The English and German was known (although I anticipated much more German as that is where my name came over in 1840). Another native tale did come about for my wife's results though. She has a grandmother that is a real POS, drunk and the excuse was always she had a "disease" because Indians are predisposed to alcoholism.......Wife and kids came back 0.0000000000% Native. Turns out grandma is just a horrible, mean drunk.

I am sorry to hear about your mom but glad you have some time to prepare.

View all 2,600+ regions tested

1715744829275.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back