Deer - lets see em

Got him yesterday morning, opening day. Took almost 6 hours just to get him to the 4wheeler. Guy i met hunting said i should get him scored. I mean he is a nice deer but don't really think he is THAT big. Opinions?
View attachment 344749View attachment 344750
Great buck. Were you dragging him whole for 6 hours? Seams like it would have been easier to quarter him out and carry him if he was that far from your wheeler.

Great buck. Were you dragging him whole for 6 hours? Seams like it would have been easier to quarter him out and carry him if he was that far from your wheeler.
Thanks. Yeah it was just over a mile and a half of rocks and hills to get close enough with the wheeler. I had thought about quartering him out but.... Like an idiot, i went ill prepared for that. Usually keep Paracord in wheeler but i had used it and kept meaning to replace it and well never did. So had i quartered him up i would have had no real good way to haul him around 13 miles on the wheeler. Lesson learned the hard way lol. But me and the deer had great conversation on the way out though hahaha.

Thanks. Yeah it was just over a mile and a half of rocks and hills to get close enough with the wheeler. I had thought about quartering him out but.... Like an idiot, i went ill prepared for that. Usually keep Paracord in wheeler but i had used it and kept meaning to replace it and well never did. So had i quartered him up i would have had no real good way to haul him around 13 miles on the wheeler. Lesson learned the hard way lol. But me and the deer had great conversation on the way out though hahaha.
Hard work but makes for good memories! I couldn't tell you what he scores but I do think he is a great buck that I would be dang proud of.

Back