PEAX Equipment

Dan Ashe: former USFWS director, “useful idiot” for the anti-hunting movement

bayoublaster7527

Just another article from a nationally-acclaimed “Hunter-Conservationist” parroting more disinformation on behalf of the anti-hunting CATS campaign. Former USFWS Director Dan Ashe publicly endorses Colorado Prop 127 to ban mountain lion hunting. Does he realize that he is be used by the openly anti-hunting community as a “useful idiot” and reputable “hunter”? I also saw some of his prior media events with TRCP. Apparently he doesn’t believe sportsmen’s group should waste their time on issues like “right to hunt and fish”. What a disgrace.

Didn't read but depending on his stance, his take on enshrining rights to hunting and fishing is not wrong.

People often don't look behind to the impacts...rights can't be regulated or taken away. Passing such measures....if not clearly worded to expressly allow regulation of hunting/fishing and enforcement of laws pertaining to them....could be disastrous.

My major concern is his stance on Prop 127 in completely ignoring the negative long term implications and terrible precedent it will set. All laid out many times on this forum in various threads. Your assertion that rights can’t regulated or taken away is false in my estimation. Numerous examples of other rights being limited ie can’t shout “fire” in a crowded theater, felons can’t vote or own firearms, current existing gun control laws, etc. Most constitutional rights are not completely absolute. What’s even more shocking is that numerous states have “right to hunt and fish” laws or constitutional amendments and each of those states has a whole pamphlet of hunting and fishing laws and regulations. Sort of discredits that whole argument. This is a straw man argument consistently used by anti-hunting factions to further their campaign to eliminate hunting.

Think of a bad management proposal, and there's a good chance CWD could be used to justify it. Not saying CWD isn't an issue, just that, from ending predator hunting to massively hammering already thin ungulate herds, it's used as a reason of persuasion.

What the hell is "Trophy Hunting"? Where is the definition so that I can understand it? I think if we were to replace the symbol with the substance, the definition for it is simply "hunting and trapping certain animals certain folks don't want hunted and trapped".

Reactions: trb
Think of a bad management proposal, and there's a good chance CWD could be used to justify it. Not saying CWD isn't an issue, just that, from ending predator hunting to massively hammering already thin ungulate herds, it's used as a reason of persuasion.

What the hell is "Trophy Hunting"? Where is the definition so that I can understand it? I think if we were to replace the symbol with the substance, the definition for it is simply "hunting and trapping certain animals certain folks don't want hunted and trapped".
From the text of 127

(2) AS USED IN THIS SECTION:19
(a)(I) “TROPHY HUNTING” MEANS INTENTIONALLY:20
(A) KILLING, WOUNDING, PURSUING, OR ENTRAPPING A MOUNTAIN LION, BOBCAT, OR LYNX; OR21
(B) DISCHARGING OR RELEASING ANY DEADLY WEAPON, AS DEFINED IN SECTION 18-1-901(3)(e), AT A MOUNTAIN LION, BOBCAT, OR22
LYNX.23

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhow1997
Back