Advertisement

Colorado Question

KingOfTagSoup

I have a question for the Colorado experts. I have hunted there before where all members of our group had tags. Hypothetically, if I get a tag in the draw and my hunting partner wants to come and assist, can he do that without also having a tag? If so, what exactly can he legally help with?

I have a question for the Colorado experts. I have hunted there before where all members of our group had tags. Hypothetically, if I get a tag in the draw and my hunting partner wants to come and assist, can he do that without also having a tag? If so, what exactly can he legally help with?
He can doing everything legal to assist you in your hunt except carry a weapon. And abide by all the standard CPW hunting rules and regulations.

He cannot carry a rifle that meets the requirement for hunting big game, or he could be cited for hunting without a license.

except carry a weapon.

Not technically true. He cannot carry a weapon with intent to harvest an animal for which he cannot legally do so.

He can carry a rifle all he wants and doesn't need to abide by an law different than any other citizen going for a hike. The officer would need to prove his intent was to use it for hunting.

For your question, like oak said your buddy can do pretty much everything except pull the trigger on the animal or separate from you with the intent of him hunting with a weapon.

King, no disrespect intended to you or the folks who responded, but why would you seek law clarification questions on an open forum ? I suggest that you contact the Law Enforcement Division of the Colorado Fish and Game Department.

King, no disrespect intended to you or the folks who responded, but why would you seek law clarification questions on an open forum ? I suggest that you contact the Law Enforcement Division of the Colorado Fish and Game Department.
I will be doing that as well, simply inquiring of those who have experience.

Good luck with that!!!

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhow1997
Back