NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Colorado OTC archery

I do think it will have a bigger impact on rifle simply because of app dates. I think many people are so use to it as a low quality back-up they will just roll with other states results and fall back on a otc rifle tag. Will be interesting...
There are going to be a ton of folks that don't notice this change in 2025 (exhibit A = All the folks that didn't know we changed to 75/25 1st choice allocation this year).

I imagine no matter how they define NR Archery "General" areas, there will be a ton of tags that go to 2nd choice and below, where (unless changes occur to allocations and/or taking points for 'A' tags) the NR archers that are paying attention will continue to be able to get tags above the 1st choice 75/25 allocation (and also not spend points), so the "crowding" reduction will probably be less than what a lot of folks are expecting.

I agree with @cedahm - they’ll likely issue enough tags that there won’t be a reduction in crowding, but it eventually could force guys to use points if they want to hunt every year…

Any way you slice and dice it, it is a step in the right direction by the NR-philic CPW BoC. I'll be thanking them for their courageous innovation on behalf or resident constituents.
giphy[1].gif

Never have been a R in Co but always thought their tag allocations were pretty unfair to R hunters.

Its overstated and minimally understood apparently - but state wildlife agencies manage for their respective states management.

Never have been a R in Co but always thought their tag allocations were pretty unfair to R hunters.

Residents pay a 1/13th of the cost a non-resident does for an elk license....and they get 75% of the tags (technically more than that).

It's hard for me to feel sorry for anyone with that sweet of a deal.

Wyoming says: "Hold my beer".

Residents pay a 1/13th of the cost a non-resident does for an elk license....and they get 75% of the tags (technically more than that).

Wyoming says: "Hold my beer".

When people force you to hunt in CO and pay those NR fees do you put up a fight? Or do you just come out and hunt OTC every year with your arm twisted behind your back? :ROFLMAO:

Wyoming says: "Hold my beer"
Right - so im guessing you are going and lobbying in whatever midwestern state you live in for non residents to pay less for a fishing license or?

Are you disconnected from outdoor where you live? If so - thats your choice in where you chose to live. Some places are pretty outdoor recreation free, i guess so that might contribute to your perspective. If not, do you love when folks who dont live there mob the place? When they didnt fork over 15k in taxes, way higher property values, and less pay, to be there?

I am sorry you guys chose where you live - are you aware that NR fees for about anything have been higher everywhere for a longggg time? Its almost like... theres a reason.

all things considered we technically get less than 75% of the tags... technically.
Yup. New tag allocation didn’t do too much for NR opportunity. I was still able to pull 2 tags this year. One of them was a second choice too. Got bumped on point creep on one but I also had no points for that species too.

CO can go 90-10 and take away OTC rifle tags, I’d probably still get tags every year for CO. From decent units, too.

Oklahoma now has that title with their $710 single buck tag for NRs
Where do you see single buck tag? I see 6 tags with 2 bucks in the regulations I'm reading...
Edit...I see with your bang stick you can only kill one buck...BUTTTT this is to celebrate archery where I can still shoot 2 bucks and 4 does!!!! Archery RULES!!
1000001509.png

Where do you see single buck tag? I see 6 tags with 2 bucks in the regulations I'm reading...
Thats limit, license fee+ $501 each for up to 2 bucks in different weapon seasons. So yes for $1201 you can shot up to 6 does (unit limiter + holiday season) and 2 bucks. Verified changes in fees with department. So last year my same rifle tag(1 buck) cost $300, this year $710!

Added: I was speaking to rifle but thats interesting with what you posted about archery

Last edited:
Thats limit, license fee+ $501 each for up to 2 bucks in different weapon seasons. So yes for $1201 you can shot up to 6 does (unit limiter + holiday season) and 2 bucks. Verified changes in fees with department. So last year my same rifle tag(1 buck) cost $300, this year $710!
Or you can just archery hunt for what 3 1/2 months and pay $700 or better yet buy it this month for $500... Like I said in another thread with you I'm sure...they are just aligning with all the other whitetail states surrounding them....draw is coming next so enjoy your OTC OKLAHOMA while you can....back to Colorado!

Back