MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO CPW Draw Process Working Group

Good for residents I think where they screwed up is not making everything a draw for nr now the rifle seasons will be flooded with nr hunters looking for something last minute
So status Quo for rifle seasons?

Don't know how many NR's I've met that said they came to Colorado because they didn't draw a tag somewhere else they wanted to hunt. We've always been a plan B state for a lot of NR's

Did the BGSS get addressed? I tuned in yesterday for about half but never heard anything.

Did the BGSS get addressed? I tuned in yesterday for about half but never heard anything.
Muzzy and archery seasons stayed the same. Rifle seasons west of I-25 will now be: 1st rifle will start 3 days earlier on a Wednesday and end on Sunday, followed by a 5 day break, then 9 day second rifle season, then 5 day break, then a 9 day third season then, 2 day break then 5 day forth season. Optional 1st rifle season deer hunts and a second pronghorn rifle season were also approved. Early archery deer was voted down.

That first rifle tag just got even better. I don't rifle hunt, but I have brought friends and family out during that time, talk about taking candy from a baby!

So status Quo for rifle seasons?

Don't know how many NR's I've met that said they came to Colorado because they didn't draw a tag somewhere else they wanted to hunt. We've always been a plan B state for a lot of NR's
I don't think there should be a single nr otc tag available in any state any nr tag should be a draw. Colorado screwed up with not making the otc rifles hunts a draw as well for nr

They just reduced some pressure on whatvwas the otc archery hunts and increased the pressure on the otc rifle hunts. I get Colorado has always been plan b but now they just moved all those plan b guys into the otc rifle seasons have fun

I don't think there should be a single nr otc tag available in any state any nr tag should be a draw. Colorado screwed up with not making the otc rifles hunts a draw as well for nr

They just reduced some pressure on whatvwas the otc archery hunts and increased the pressure on the otc rifle hunts. I get Colorado has always been plan b but now they just moved all those plan b guys into the otc rifle seasons have fun
I don’t really think that is the case. In theory yes but I truly believe there are a very large portion of archery only, can Haynes/joe Rogan fan boys out there taking their bows for a hike. Even a lot of the newer resident hunters I know don’t even own firearms, and don’t hunt anything besides otc archery elk.

I don’t really think that is the case. In theory yes but I truly believe there are a very large portion of archery only, can Haynes/joe Rogan fan boys out there taking their bows for a hike. Even a lot of the newer resident hunters I know don’t even own firearms, and don’t hunt anything besides otc archery elk.
Maybe but who knows? I guess in a few years we will see once everything is In place and we have some numbers to go from. I hope they flood the otc rifle hunts in colorado personally so they switch that to a limited draw as well for nr

Muzzy and archery seasons stayed the same. Rifle seasons west of I-25 will now be: 1st rifle will start 3 days earlier on a Wednesday and end on Sunday, followed by a 5 day break, then 9 day second rifle season, then 5 day break, then a 9 day third season then, 2 day break then 5 day forth season. Optional 1st rifle season deer hunts and a second pronghorn rifle season were also approved. Early archery deer was voted down.
That’s very interesting, thanks. When will these changes take effect?

That’s very interesting, thanks. When will these changes take effect?
The Big Game Season Structure was approved for 2025-2029. With that said, they could make changes in-between years, but not typical to see drastic changes within that structure. The next big changes/modifications would be discussed in 2029.

That makes all rifle seasons earlier and no Thanksgiving hunts. Moves hunts further earlier than deer rut and earlier than most elk migrations if I'm doing my math right. Interesting choices, I'll be changing my plans next year. Good for deer herd, but that 4th rifle cow elk hunt I usually do doesn't interest me near as much with the change.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere that has the new deer and elk season dates stated? I tried to figure out but not sure I have it correct. Mostly interested in 2025.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDVA
Back