Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO 3rd Season success

Montana Advocate

I have to say the pre-hunt planning is as much fun as the actual hunt. That research led to an epic hunt in an area I found no intel on. Burning 14 points on an 11-12 point unit paid off on day 5. Public land DIY.

He was the 3rd biggest buck I saw on public for the trip, albeit 1 was for 3 seconds the day before the season opened. We pretty much had the area to ourselves after day 2. The 7mm mag did the job at 394 yds.

Attachments

• IMG_9496.jpeg
    IMG_9496.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_9409.jpeg
    IMG_9409.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 171
Damn nice Buck.....My units never seem to produce very good bucks, I've gotta find some better units, although I'd have issues saving that many points as I always want to hunt every season! Character flaw I guess.

MT general season always provides plenty of opportunity. Started building points years ago everywhere, and now sprinkling in 1 out-of-state solid hunt a year in addition to the occasional lightning strike tag.

Burned my UT pts last year on a Book Cliffs archery tag and picked up an archery elk tag from the UT Archery Assoc. for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6505.jpeg
    IMG_6505.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 57
Wow that’s an awesome buck hard to believe that was the third largest one ! That’s a buck everyone goes to Colorado for. Congratulations!

I have to say the pre-hunt planning is as much fun as the actual hunt. That research led to an epic hunt in an area I found no intel on. Burning 14 points on an 11-12 point unit paid off on day 5. Public land DIY.

He was the 3rd biggest buck I saw on public for the trip, albeit 1 was for 3 seconds the day before the season opened. We pretty much had the area to ourselves after day 2. The 7mm mag did the job at 394 yds.
Congrats! Very nice! Totally makes the trip when all the planning and work comes together.

Love it when those g2s & g3s spread out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back