Boogity, boogity! 2024 NASCAR Fantasy League is open.

Looks like the season is going to be a close race! For now. I probably just jinxed it.

Looking at the replay it looks like the field was frozen when they threw the caution from Logano getting wrecked. Dipshit hadn't crossed the finish line yet. Not sure why Hamlin doesn't have the points scored but it will add 90 points to you guys that have him. That means we would have a different winner and the standings will change. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Austin Dillon was over 200 points from a playoff spot. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he did and as a racing fan, I actually LOVE it. So fitting from the number 3 car too. Nothing like gold old fashion selfish racing. Give me more. Good for him to go for it and get into the playoffs and no doubt, it will have a cost to pay for those actions.

Austin Dillon was over 200 points from a playoff spot. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he did and as a racing fan, I actually LOVE it. So fitting from the number 3 car too. Nothing like gold old fashion selfish racing. Give me more. Good for him to go for it and get into the playoffs and no doubt, it will have a cost to pay for those actions.
Sorry, I disagree. It's one thing to bump a guy into a corner so they move up and you can pass. It's another to slam a guy and immediately drop down to intentionally wreck another that was going to pass you. Just because he cried to grampa that he wanted the number 3 doesn't mean that he is now the new Dale Earnhardt. I don't know that HE would have even done that.

I don’t think wrecking 2 people who passed you going into the final turn is what I want to see from a professional race car driver who is being paid millions of dollars. That puts nascar way closer to pure entertainment than a sport, but maybe that’s what they want. It also sets a poor example for kids in lower series, if the guys on Sunday can drive like it’s a demolition derby at the local fair I can, too.

Dillon had the best pit stop, picked his restart lane with the lead and choked on the restart so he lost the race with every advantage. Unfortunately, I also have no faith in nascar to be able to consistently officiate situations like that so I think this is what we will continue to see.

We are going to just have to disagree then.

The sport is made to sort this type of behavior out. You can't win a championship on your own. Teams have partners and spotters/crew chiefs work together all the time. You build partners and relationships. Testing results on tracks are shared with those you like and trust.

Austin and his team just lost an incredible amount of that by trading it for a playoff spot. His choice, he now has to fight through a playoff with likely no friends.

This is good for the sport.

We are going to just have to disagree then.

The sport is made to sort this type of behavior out. You can't win a championship on your own. Teams have partners and spotters/crew chiefs work together all the time. You build partners and relationships. Testing results on tracks are shared with those you like and trust.

Austin and his team just lost an incredible amount of that by trading it for a playoff spot. His choice, he now has to fight through a playoff with likely no friends.

This is good for the sport.
I don’t think anyone is overly concerned about his chances in the playoffs except for the guys that are on the points bubble. I don’t honestly know that Austin had much of what you’re talking about to lose anyway and that probably made his decision easier. The remaining drivers will definitely be bringing their best the next 3 weeks. MTJ should be fine but the other spots are a toss up points wise now.

I agree with the part about having no friends. All the interviews they showed proved that. He had a good car and the strategy worked out well but then he blew it. I can somewhat understand wrecking someone you're mad at but intentionally wrecking two guys for a win crosses a line for me. Being a Logano fan has no influence on my thoughts. Dillon will end up at the bottom of the playoff list.

I can somewhat understand wrecking someone you're mad at but intentionally wrecking two guys for a win crosses a line for me.
Happens all the time at the local tracks and if you go back and watch how racing was in the days before even Dale that was totally normal and part of it. It has only phased out because teams have realized just how expensive that type of racing can be this day in age when cars and parts cost as much as they do along with the reality that teams need each other way more than they did back in the 60s.

The playoff race no doubt just got crazy interesting. Only 3 spots up for grabs now and MTJ pending a major screw up has 1 of the 3. With Daytona being one of those 3 races left, very good chance we are looking at one spot for Ty Gibbs, Bubba, Ross Chastain and Buescher.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back