Caribou Gear Tarp

Boat prices

Northwoods

I sold my boat and I’m in the market for a new boat. I know what I want, Lund SSV 18 tiller. The price that a salesman at a dealership quoted me was basically the same price if I build it on Lunds website. Am I wrong to think that the salesman can get me a price that’s a little less than what is right on Lunds website? Or, is that how things are now with all this “no haggle” pricing? I’m kinda thinking if he doesn’t give me a better price I’ll just check with some other dealers. I’m looking forward to going to a couple of boat shows this winter anyway. The SSV 18 is not a boat that dealers will have on hand so maybe I won’t be able to get a discounted price. The salesman that I’ve been talking to seems alright and I’m going to tell him he needs to get me a little better price. Thoughts?

We’re kind of in a world where new automobiles and boats are pretty much a fixed nonnegotiable price. You’ll hear of some smaller outfits that’ll still work a deal but it’s far unheard of anymore. Dealerships justify the fixed cost based on other services you’ll get if they retain you as a service customer, like going out to your house to change the oil or picking it up for you for service.

Shopping around is your biggest weapon you can bring to a negotiation table. When they hear that dealer XYZ can do it for cheaper, they fidgit a little. Ask for factory rebates and financial incentives too.

I sold my boat and I’m in the market for a new boat. I know what I want, Lund SSV 18 tiller. The price that a salesman at a dealership quoted me was basically the same price if I build it on Lunds website. Am I wrong to think that the salesman can get me a price that’s a little less than what is right on Lunds website? Or, is that how things are now with all this “no haggle” pricing? I’m kinda thinking if he doesn’t give me a better price I’ll just check with some other dealers. I’m looking forward to going to a couple of boat shows this winter anyway. The SSV 18 is not a boat that dealers will have on hand so maybe I won’t be able to get a discounted price. The salesman that I’ve been talking to seems alright and I’m going to tell him he needs to get me a little better price. Thoughts?

For a few years now it's the price it the price and I think they are all in cahoots with each other fixing pricing. The best thing to do is find one 2-4 years old used and you will get a deal on it especially if you find someone forced to sell. Also, don't forget about going to other states to pick one up.

Back