PEAX Equipment

Bighorn Mts Road Closures

Chief23

With the start of Elk and Deer season right around the corner. Anyone heading to the Bighorns should be aware of several road closures due to the Elk fire. As of yesterday 14 was closed in both directions from Dayton to Burgess Junction along with several forest service roads. Looks like it may impact Unit 38 the most.

With the start of Elk and Deer season right around the corner. Anyone heading to the Bighorns should be aware of several road closures due to the Elk fire. As of yesterday 14 was closed in both directions from Dayton to Burgess Junction along with several forest service roads. Looks like it may impact Unit 38 the most.
I had a type 9 tag in 38. It was already getting bad on Saturday. I just looked at the fire map. Where I was hunting is burned now. Bad stuff.

I woke up yesterday morning when the email from WYGFD arrived in my inbox informing us of the fire. We are supposed to be leaving Australia in 5 days time! I also drew an Antelope tag down near Cody so whilst I probably meet the requirements to get the elk tag deferred or refunded, I would be throwing my antelope tag in the bin. I will make a call in a couple more days I think. Devastated.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chambers.mitchell
Back