Caribou Gear

Best portable propane grill?

Paul in Idaho

It's time to replace our gas grill. We have a recteq pellet grill that is great for bigger cuts of meat or family meals.

I'm looking for good options for quick meals like burgers or brats. Usually I'm only cooking for 2 so I don't need a big grill. My thought is that if I buy a portable grill, I could use it at home and on the road. Something like the Coleman RoadTrip, with its own stand and wheels, would be ideal.

The review articles I read online didn't have a consistent top-scoring brand. So, I thought I'd post here and ask if any of you use this style of grill. Which brand and model do you like, or think should be avoided?

Here's another vote for the Weber Q grill. Mine is nearing 20 years of service. The grating holds a lot of heat, and cooks a great steak, everything really.

Been using a Coleman road-trip portable propane grill for years. Tailagaiting at concerts, sporting events and camping. Works great and not expensive. Don’t think you need anything more than that.

Looks like the RoadTrip 285 may have more space between the grill and lid than the other RoadTrip models. I'll see if I can find a place that has it and a Weber to compare in person.

I'm on my second RoadTrip, first one lasted a good 10 years, but it sat outside uncovered exposed to the elements. There are limitations with that grill but for a quick cook on steaks, burgers, brats etc. it gets the job done. I'm huge fan of weber grills, have 3 of them, but the Q is about twice the price of a RoadTrip if you include a stand. Weber also makes the Traveler, which is just about the same as a RoadTrip.

Weber Q. I’ve had the same one for 11 years now. It fell off my second story deck and broke the lid handle off but that was the only damage and it stills works flawlessly.

As a few others have said, weber q. Has awesome temperature control. I would recommend converting it to take a 5 pount propane bottle. You can find the instructions on multiple rv'ing websites.

To be a little more portable and good for just two.... Weber Go Anywhere grill. I use it for camping and have 5lb propane hook up for it. Might be a little small for your needs, but fits portable description perfectly.

I use a coleman roadtrip. Also have a converter so i can use it with a gas hose connecting to my travel trailer LP gas system. Good so far on year 3.

Another vote for the weber. Perfect for 2-3 people, gets really hot. Learned the hard way on a couple of prime steaks just how hot the q runs on high lol

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back