Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

mdunc8

I'm not familiar with the group. Anyone have any experience with the group? Seems like a good group to get involved with since 90% of my hunting is done in wilderness areas.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Greetings! I am the co-chair of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Of course, I urge you to join us. If you hunt in wilderness, we are your kind of people. There are lots of different conservation niches out there -- all very valid. BHA's niche is celebrating and protecting core habitat -- big quiet places and clean, free-flowing rivers. Of course, not every place needs to be Wilderness, but we do need to think ahead if we are going to pass on these traditions and pass on traditional skills as America grows and develops. Check out our website, www.backcountryhunters.org Feel free to call me directly 406.257.8302.

I've worked with the folks at BHA since they formed.The poster here, tradbow (Greg Munther) is the MT Chapter chair, and hunts more than anyone on the planet.

Great group of guys and gals who are serious backcountry hunters and anglers. They've been instrumental in providing a voice to the outdoorsmen and women who love wild country.

mdunc8.....as Montana Chapter Chair, I would welcome and value you as a BHA member. Especially timely since the Rendezvous (our first) will be in Missoula March 2-4 , 2012. For the auction I have donated your choice of an Alberton Gorge float trip or a flyfishing float trip for 2. Also in the auction is a takedown longbow donated from a Helena member. My llamas will be there showing off there as well,as well as packstock of the more traditional kind. Check out Montana page of BHA at Montanahunters.org

Greg Munther

I'm really going to try to make that rendezvous, looks like an interesting weekend.

I would also be interested in checking out the organization. Is this rendezvous open to the general public or members only?

Last edited:
From BHA's website:

North American Rendezvous March 2 - 4, 2012 Missoula, MT
By now, you may have heard that we are eagerly planning BHA’s first-ever national gathering: The North American Rendezvous, for March 2 – 4, 2012 in Missoula, MT, at historic Fort Missoula's parade grounds and Heritage Hall.

Steven Rinnella
We have a great weekend planned, beginning on Friday with an evening social, dinner, and music with Montana traditional bow hunter and singer/songwriter Mark Baker. On Saturday, there will be a full day of seminars and activities for the whole family, then an evening social, banquet, speaking by author and host of TV’s “Wild Within,” Steven Rinnella, followed by a live auction and raffle with some great prizes. On Sunday we will wrap up with a panel discussion and a National business meeting where everyone is welcome to participate.

Register early to recieve complimentary general raffle tickets - and book your room at Missoula GuestHouse Inn, Suites, and Conference Center by Jan. 15, 2012 to recieve a special Rendezvous Rate! (See registration form)

You can view the full list of seminars here

Register by Dec 15 for a special rate of $75! Print the registration form and write “Early” on the top of the page!
Click here for our pdf registration form : which you may print and mail in to PO Box 53, Joseph, OR, 97846.

If you would like to donate to our auction and raffle, or have any questions, contact our Rendezvous Coordinator, Rose Caslar, at [email protected]

BHA Rendezvous -- rates

The rendezvous is members-only BUT we have a special day rate of $15 that will include a one-year membership, good for Saturday 8-4. Better yet, sign up for the whole works, including meals and the keynote speaker, Steve Rinella (MeatEater/Wild Within). Visit www.backcountryhunters.org.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back