Back to New Mexico - Archery elk this time

hold up.

"wife helping as well as my cousin/girlfriend" .... ?
I’d like to either make this thread about this, or create a whole new thread about this. Either way, we need to know.

Pics or it didn’t happen! 😉
Let’s just slow down a bit, we don’t know what we’re asking for yet.

Edit: this was my 3000th post on this forum.

Oh, and try not to get shot this time 😐
It is turkey season and you know how those grouse hunters can be! Or if I ended up getting shot with an arrow, I'll at least be impressed that my calling was good enough to draw them into me.

Last edited:
Good luck. I’m heading to New Mexico for elk on the 18th. Will be hunting in unit 34. Hope to have pictures and a story to follow.

Let's hope it's just poor cell service and not the FUBAR.

My current view right now. Might literally be the only spot in the unit you can truly glass from. It's also the only spot with cell service. Just waiting for them to fire up again hopefully before dark. Somewhere down there is elk, I just know it! I'm ready to jump off after them.

20240907_165048.jpg

right before dark. 51 yards tonight the absolute bull of my dreams was screaming non stop with 4 other bulls all around me calling back to him. I didn't need to make a sound.

My self imposed limit is 35 yards and the cows between me and him prevented him from ever getting closer to me.

I'm checking this hunt off officially as a success now. I don't even care about notching a tag anymore. Chasing bulls that are bugling and having so many encounters is plenty good for me and now having a monster 7x6 so close tonight just makes me so happy. In that same group was a spiker and a small 5x5 and they were officially the first two bulls I actually passed on. I'm not sure if over the next 5 days I have to hunt I'll be just holding out and enjoying all these encounters or if eventually maybe I let an arrow fly.

Stick one! I'll be at my dad's trailer end of next week and you can come tell me a story! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back