MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Argentina dove hunt?

timberman56

good friend bought an Argentina dove hunt for 5 at a NWTF banquet in GA and invited me to come along. not sure of outfitter/ lodge. looking at Sept. '25 dates. anyone have any recent experience down there? other things to do besides dove hunting twice a day like fishing, points of interest, etc. I assume most smaller towns are safe?

good friend bought an Argentina dove hunt for 5 at a NWTF banquet in GA and invited me to come along. not sure of outfitter/ lodge. looking at Sept. '25 dates. anyone have any recent experience down there? other things to do besides dove hunting twice a day like fishing, points of interest, etc. I assume most smaller towns are safe?
Don’t know about what to do but I heard the shell charges were outrageous. Can’t remember exact cost but had two friends back out because it was so much

Don’t know about what to do but I heard the shell charges were outrageous. Can’t remember exact cost but had two friends back out because it was so much
We paid $25/box so it isn't exactly cheap when you go through 4 to 10 boxes in an afternoon

i went back in 2019. it was pretty fun. we only dove hunted and were out all day. They would make us a big lunch every day with a chef in the field, then we'd get done around dusk, get back to the lodge for a late dinner.
Safety was not a concern for us at any point, other than when our maniac taxi driver took us to a random hostel in the middle of Cordoba instead of the Holiday inn the night before we met the outfitter. and when we got out he just took off, we had to wait for the outfitter to send us a new driver. Craziest car ride i've ever been in, guy drove like he was in a street race down tiny one lane roads.
Went through Pointer Wingshooting, and i know they offer fishing trips and other hunts, but you need to plan it ahead of time. When i went shells were $14/box, but again, that was 2019.

other things to do besides dove hunting twice a day like fishing, points of interest, etc.
I'm not a big city person by any means but I would gladly go back to Buenos Aires in a heartbeat. Such an amazing city with a lot of history and some absolutely amazing food. It is also extremely affordable compared to American cites. A meal for two at a top end restaurant with a bottle of fine local wine will run you about $50 USD. Pint of beer = $2

One of the funnest trips I have ever done.
The shear amount of biomass in the air is incredible.
Food and service were outstanding.
Would do it again no question, especially with a good group of friends.
We went through David Denies.

thanks guys. we have our hunt booked for Sept. '25. got plenty of time to practice up. outfitter suggested renting shotguns at lodge and only bringing 2 carry-on bags and no checked bags since laundry service is included. I've talked to couple of folks who did this hunt this past May and they were very pleased with it

Doves in Argentina is something every wing shooter should experience. Here’s a recap of a hunt I did down there a few years ago:

Happy to answer any questions you have about the trip - you’ll have a blast.

I would hazard to guess Argentina is, on balance, more safe than most of metro ATL.

I bought an auction trip for three hunters this spring and have plans for May of '25 for the family. My wife, son and I will be hunting, and my daughter along for the trip. Will be Dove, pigeon, and Golden Dorado fishing plus we added a day of ducks if wet enough for it next year. Looking into flight prices I have found that a round trip to Buenas and then shorter flights within country the cheapest way. We will spend a few days in Buenas, Cordoba, and head up after the hunt to Iguazu Falls for a few days. In my research, the prices of hotels and tourist activities have come way up over the last few years but food is about the same. Look into blue dollar i will be interested to see how it works. I can't wait watching flight prices daily. Will for sure post a day-by-day on here when I return.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back