Kenetrek Boots

Anyone have a blue book of guns that could help me value a Winchester 23

Keep'er Movin

I have a Winchester model 23 sxs new in box. It is a 25 1/2" pigeon grade XTR model, complete with a set of 6 winchokes, wooden winchester choke wrench, box, hang tag, etc. that I am thinking about selling. Does anyone have a blue book of guns to give me an estimate of worth?

There are several listed on Gunbroker for between 2k and 3k; a couple of them are down to their last day or two and have not been bid on. Often times guys will just wait and contact the seller directly after the listing but it would appear the Blue book is pretty accurate. Guns international has quite a few listed, might give you an idea how well they are selling.
Cabellas will go 70% of blue book on better quality stuff if you are in a hurry.
Shedhorn sports in Ennis Mt. will go 60% of book value on routine stuff, on good stuff they’ll negotiate and if you’re trading in you’ll do even better.
If you really want to find out what it’s worth list it on Gunbroker on the penny auction and cross your fingers. Often times guys will do better than the blue book, sometimes you get hammered.
Good luck.

My family has 2x 23's with serial numbers below 1000. Both well used. If sold Id expect $1800-2000 minimum each. New in box though? I dont care what the blue book says. Thats an almost 50 year old unicorn. Id want $3500+ for it, but Id never sell it either.

I've checked gunbroker and guns international, both current auctions and past sales in the last 30 days, and you are right Salmonchaser, the prices are kind of all over the place but so are the conditions of the guns, the butt pads, chokes vs. no chokes, the finish, wood grain, etc. etc. etc. I bought the gun from a guy in MI who was selling a doctor's collection of guns. This doctor had over 200 different firearms, all with boxes, most new in box. Sakos, Marlins, Old Winchesters, Brownings, Colts, all the good stuff. He has some other Winchesters, but they were combination rifle/shotgun models. I will post some pics of the gun when I get home.

The wood has some nice grain to it. The 3rd image looks like there is some bluing loss on the barrel, but it's just a bad pic.

PXL_20241005_195930789.jpgPXL_20241005_195909077.jpgPXL_20241005_195924691.jpgPXL_20241005_195108082.jpg

Back