Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Any HVAC installers on this forum?

Mini-splits also need to be tested to 600 psi of nitrogen to ensure they dont leak at the flare fittings. Vacuumed to below 500 microns as well or it'll never work properly. They are kind of a pain in the ass.
As for a heat pump, the mentioned secondary heat source is almost a must in the northern climates. Either a gas or electric furnace. They lose efficiency pretty rapidly under 20 degrees.
I'm a HVAC master journeyman and have worked on/installed everything from residential to industrial. If you come up with any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. Sounds like you are pretty handy, but doing it the correct way will save you hassle later.
Also, if you do install a heat pump, the unit should be within a 1/2 ton of the furnace size FYI.

Ffs, do not use nylog!!! And you don't need a leak detector, I'm assuming that's what you mean by a refrigerant testing tool. Soap bubbles are all you need as a DIYer to check mini split connections. A pro will do a standing leak test with Nitrogen and a decay test with a vacuum, but who needs a pro
I've installed 3 minisplits all different makes. 2 never mentioned nylog in the instructions and were installed without it. It was recommended on the other so I used it. Didn't have any issues on any of them.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back