Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Any auto body guys here?

Redmt

Are there any auto body paint experts here? Short story is I want to get my truck repainted. It's been partially painted a couple different times assumedly with water base that is flaking. The original factory (oil base?) is fine except the roof. The right side front fender, both doors and the bed have been repainted all at different times and different shops. It all matches but some of it is flaking off. I'd like to have an oil based paint job. It's a 2000 F350 extended cab long bed Super Duty.

Not a pro auto-body guy but most paint in California now is "water based" but that water base is not like house paint (latex) that cleans up with just water. What you are asking is something any shop can do or if you go to You-tube University, you can do yourself. It will involve sanding the entire truck, repairing dents and dings, applying a primer/sealer, blocking (sanding) of the primer/sealer and paint. As long as the truck is one color and you don't change colors, you will be into it less than a good used truck.

Not a pro auto-body guy but most paint in California now is "water based" but that water base is not like house paint (latex) that cleans up with just water. What you are asking is something any shop can do or if you go to You-tube University, you can do yourself. It will involve sanding the entire truck, repairing dents and dings, applying a primer/sealer, blocking (sanding) of the primer/sealer and paint. As long as the truck is one color and you don't change colors, you will be into it less than a good used truck.
I've done a few paint jobs in years past. I'm just not into doing another one. The water based stuff even when professionally done has a short life span. The original factory paint that remains is still perfect after 25 years. The water base crap that was professionally done a few years ago is flaking off badly. I'd rather take it out of state and get a decent paint job. A good used 7.3 Power Stroke is upward of 30k so it's worth it to me to have it look pretty again.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget
Back