Alaska Caribou

What an awesome hunt and that is some amazing country. I can't imagine trying to hike with a burn like that or even trying to put on a boot.
Congrats to the both of you!

Outstanding. I agree that you are both "tougher than the average bear". Congratulations on some beautiful animals that are getting harder to come by.

This thread brings back great, wet, and painful memories of hunting caribou in AK. I was fortunate to take two bulls out of Kotz in 2005 on a DIY trip with my cousin. Dang 20 years ago. I looked much younger then!

Buschy AK Caribou 1.jpg

Buschy_Caribou2_Sep2005.jpg

we saw reports of Norovirus hitting people in Deadhorse and Coldfoot. Glad we missed it, its a nasty one to get.

Congrats

What do you think got you sick ?

I’m a real wus when it comes to vomiting. Some guys puke and then they’re fine, but not me, I’m on my deathbed.
@SCliving Outdoors - Given personal experience, I’m guessing mostly dehydration mixed with exhaustion. Not fun.

Hope your foot heals up soon. Thanks for taking us along

That's a great story of a great hunt. Thanks for sharing here.

Hoping the foot is improving. That looks seriously painful.

Burn happened Aug 16th.
Pic 1 Aug 18th
IMG_1814.jpeg
Pic 2 Aug 23rd.
IMG_1871.jpeg
Pic 3. Aug 28th.
IMG_1913.jpeg
When I got home I went to Walgreens and got a pedicure kit with tweezers and scissors. I sanitized them with alcohol then went to work debriding my foot. I got a buddy who’s a doctor to call me in a prescription for some really good cream. The foot is looking and feeling better. Thanks for everyone who has been sending me well wishes. I’m going to be healed up and ready for WY elk in 4 weeks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back