Yeti GOBOX Collection

Air Tanker Crash

Big Belts are closed from the Beartooth WMA to Deep Creek. With what’s in the forecast and knowing how much dead standing and deadfall there is up there this might burn the whole works.

Juan Browne's youtube channel bugs me - he makes a lot of money with his so-called "analysis" most of which is just a lot of speculation without the findings of an FAA investigation. Seems to me it would be more useful to analyze the incident with the final report in hand. But that doesn't capitalize on and monetize a current accident nearly as well, even if it would be far more educational...

Juan Browne's youtube channel bugs me - he makes a lot of money with his so-called "analysis" most of which is just a lot of speculation without the findings of an FAA investigation. Seems to me it would be more useful to analyze the incident with the final report in hand. But that doesn't capitalize on and monetize a current accident nearly as well, even if it would be far more educational...
I think you’re way off the mark. I doubt he’s making much money off the channel. He routinely follows up with analysis of both the preliminary and final reports on numerous incidents, this is how I know that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I think you’re way off the mark. I doubt he’s making much money off the channel. He routinely follows up with analysis of both the preliminary and final reports on numerous incidents, this is how I know that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Ok - so nearly 1/2 a million subscribers and he's not making money? I grew up in an aviation household and was always taught it was bad form to speculate on accidents before all the facts are known. Different generation of commercial pilot obviously. OTOH you're right, he's just sort of laying out the basics of what is actually known.

Still, seems weird to me...

Ok - so nearly 1/2 a million subscribers and he's not making money? I grew up in an aviation household and was always taught it was bad form to speculate on accidents before all the facts are known. Different generation of commercial pilot obviously. OTOH you're right, he's just sort of laying out the basics of what is actually known.

Still, seems weird to me...
He's addressed that, most of his videos are demonetized. I like how you ignored that your assessment was 100% factually incorrect. I think its helpful to both pilots and laypersons to have the known facts in an incident laid out, especially by people that have actual experience in the aircraft in question. Then those same people can re-assess once the reports come out, there seems to be no downside to what Juan and others are doing.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back