Yeti GOBOX Collection

AFRICA! Bucket List nears... September.

Budget for a single African trophy shoulder/euro, which one?

• Total voters
This was the end result of one of our Kudu stalks. Maybe 20 yards. Backed out nice and easy, instead of saying “hey Bear” as she would in Alaska. “Hey buff” seemed to work. 300 felt pretty light in my hands :)

Attachments

• IMG_6037.jpeg
    IMG_6037.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
While each one is special, and has its own unique memory, of the three shoulder mounts I had done after my trip the kudu is my favorite. It not only looks like Africa, but it is an impressive animal. But, as someone said, they are big. My shoulder mount is about 60" brisket to the top of the horns and about 36" nose to wall.

My wife and I are heading back next summer and I think I'll do all euro mounts or skins going forward.

Today was day one Free State, South Africa. Did 12 miles on foot chasing springbuck around, went one for two. It was surprisingly challenging, had a great time and would recommend it. The hunt continues tomorrow

Right! I bowhunted the Limpopo province, but it was unbelievable. A must see if at all possible.

Wow! @BrentD ! Done with style! Nice muzzleloader harvest! Great pics!

Great thoughts and pics everyone. Agree, the fallow deer are not on my radar for an African Safari hunt. Happened to be one in my price range that roams the area. @fishing4sanity , NE mountain and coastal/lowlands of South Africa. Referral from a Hunt Talk member last year and the reviews here and on African Hunting forums appear to fit his referral for enjoying the experience.

The only real bummer I've been advised, I'm unable to have the game processed and shipped home? Is that a SA government directive, Outfitter practice, or an import issue? Still researching. Figure the transport time would also be a factor.

It's $1300 for the Kudu. They have a few others that roam the areas though prices routed beyond Kudu upwards $2400+ (Nyala, Lechwe, Waterbuck). The others listed here are under $1000. I'd really like to focus on a kudu however - heck, it's nice to have this decision for a challenge. I believe, @Dave N thought, If a very nice Kudu happens to cross paths, I may fill that tag otherwise, I really like the Blesbuck, Impala, and Springbuck. Wouldn't mind the Blesbuck shoulder mount w/ a cape remainder to lay over the side of the couch/other ideas. @Werty , We heard similar. If I want to return, I'll have to keep my wallet under lock! Haha! Wife will euro my skull and collect my life insurance as personal compensation if I let the $ fly... haha!
Nice Kudu mount, @TheGrayRider !
My hunt partner is dead focused on a nice warthog, euro style! @Salmonchaser , I sent him a copied image of yours. That looks fantastic! You've run a few rounds in Africa from your collection!

@406LIFE and @WildWill , best to your adventures! I've shared this is a once in a life type journey and repeatedly informed I'll be back - Something about hunting the African safari. We'll see. As of now, I think this will open advetures to various locations around the world. Least that's what overtime $ will shape. :)

Keep the pics and ideas coming!
Way I understand it, nobody takes home game meat. All goes to locals. I wonder if they eat Elephants and Rhinos too.

My dream for a lot of years was to hunt Africa but have never come close to being able to afford it. Then my desire turned to photographing African game but a brother did it with his son and daughter in law and three weeks came out to $65K! That did not include air fare over there. But I still think about it but getting to old anymore!

Today was day one Free State, South Africa. Did 12 miles on foot chasing springbuck around, went one for two. It was surprisingly challenging, had a great time and would recommend it. The hunt continues tomorrow
Hows it going for your group?

Sitting on British Airways 787. Waiting for engine to start to gain a/c. Full flight, hot, children here, there, and everywhere letting us know IT'S HOT and funk floating around... No air circulation.
WTF is it with people and patchouli oil?!??! and the clashing India scent...
And... The tightest economy seats I've ever experienced.
IMG_20240914_221106886_HDR.jpg

All that said, up, up, and away we [hopefully] go soon. Think someone just chit their pants!

Prepping for warmish/hot Safari.

And all that said. I'm excited to hop into this bucket! and notch this list!

We have 10 hrs layover @ Heathrow - that's where my hunt partner and I meet and continue on to J-burg ---> Port Elizabeth. Plan to find a "real" U K. pub.

I am excited, I am excited. I'm excited.... Repeating. Engine just turned on. A/C kicked in. Slowly but surely.
Taxi outward bound! I'll try to post as the days proceed.

Sitting on British Airways 787. Waiting for engine to start to gain a/c. Full flight, hot, children here, there, and everywhere letting us know IT'S HOT and funk floating around... No air circulation.
View attachment 340290

All that said, up, up, and away we [hopefully] go soon. Think someone just chit their pants!

We have 10 hrs layover @ Heathrow - that's where my hunt partner and I meet and continue on to J-burg ---> Port Elizabeth. Plan to find a "real" U K. pub.

I am excited, I am excited. I'm excited.... Repeating. Engine just turned on. A/C kicked in. Slowly but surely.
Can’t be any worse than the Air France flight between Miami and Port-au-Prince.

Took an express train into Paddington, U.K..

24550.jpeg

Walked along interesting roads and luckily came across the most amazing "pub" that is governed as "historic", opened in 1852..

https://www.theclevelandarms.com/

IMG_20240915_144626066_HDR.jpg

Took a commuter train over to Big Ben while in the area. Great note on this, confusing transit though apparent ease to the common folk. Good people around to assist with directions to this or that train/tram(?) though we believe from Heathrow to Westminster, the employees were hailing each other via radio - playing ping pong with us. (Humor). We hopped on one train to back track on another due to repairs at one location, etc.
In all, what a great time for six hours! 🤣

IMG_20240915_164558902_HDR.jpg

Flight to J- Burg about to lift off. Until next opportunity.

View attachment 340290

My legs ache just looking at this picture (I’m 6’4”). When I went last year I got a great deal on a business class upgrade going, and did premium economy coming home. A 16-hour flight in a seat that tight probably would have crippled me. Good luck and post updates when you can.

I'm not a fan of euro mounts. You will enjoy your mounts the rest of your life! I've done shoulder, pedestal, and a few life mounts of most of my trophys from Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and Alaska, and of my best Colorado and Montana animals. They take up a good portion of my house, but I enjoy seeing them and re-living their hunts every day.
mkjDeWZl.jpg

mrHSihkl.jpg

OBIPoivl.jpg

yxJ9Etsl.jpg

UcXgGFxl.jpg

Zz7UzaMl.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member