9422M- The Mag

Moeness

Any owners of this rifle? First rifle I ever shot when I was 13. My dad used it for years but now he can’t hunt anymore. It’s been in a closet for the last three years. Saw it again the other day and decided I’m going to put it to use this year. It was a great gun for grouse back in MT. Maybe a little much for tree rats but, it will be fun. Has a cheap scope on it but probably the most accurate gun I’ve ever shot. Forgot how nice it feels.

IMG_2139.jpeg
IMG_2134.jpeg
IMG_2133.jpeg

Have a 1970's, I think, 9422M. Love that rifle.
It will nail squirrels to a tree. Hard to get them down if they're pinned to the tree high up , lol.
Head shots work well.

One of the things I regret when dad passed was not taking his old early 50's model 94. But I had a deer gun and my brother didn't, and he had been doing well with it--and later his boys did too.

Just something about smooth old lever actions. Marlins or Winchesters. Nothing better to carry through the thick stuff.

Nice rifles, I have several different .22 mags, but I never came across one of these that I wanted badly enough. I have an 1894M Marlin, but it isnt as smooth of action as the Winchester. Maybe one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back